WEEK 17 GDT - @SEATTLE

N4L

50 minutes ago, Forge said:

In fairness, that screen shot Sherm is showing is from after the pass had been thrown LOL. Crafty by the wily vet. He did run into him and initiate contact, but that screen shot is not what it was. 

He was absolutely leveraging his position into a push off. I have no doubt about that. You can see it clear as day - he initiates the contact and drives him backward, forcing his momentum the opposite of the ball location and then tries to peel off to make the catch, which is when Warner basically held him. You could honestly argue that this should have been either offsetting penalties, or none at all when you really watch it. Now granted, those type of OPI calls are rarely made, we all know that, but still. 

When I first saw that play live and the first subsequent replay last night, I thought we were lucky to get away with one.

(which frankly, the refs owed us)

Now that I see it here, I think it was a strong no-call. Hollister initiated contact (as said), then yanked Warner in front of him, then flailed briefly in an effort to get ref sympathy. Very crafty, and I'm surprised it didn't work.. but def no DPI/hold. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

When I first saw that play live and the first subsequent replay last night, I thought we were lucky to get away with one.

(which frankly, the refs owed us)

Now that I see it here, I think it was a strong no-call. Hollister initiated contact (as said), then yanked Warner in front of him, then flailed briefly in an effort to get ref sympathy. Very crafty, and I'm surprised it didn't work.. but def no DPI/hold. 

That's exactly where I stand. Thought for sure it was a big miss. Now I get it. They don't have to like it, but at worst, this is an offsetting scenario. He can't initiate the contact like that, attempt to get the full body push off and then go for the catch and not expect the DB to clutch back when he knocks him off like that. It just doesn't work that way. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Come on Kwon, prove Shanny wrong! 

Makes sense to give him all the time he can to get healthy. If we're one and done then it didn't matter...but if we make the NFCCG then that's a gamble worth taking for a shot at the SB. 

Fun game to watch through again while knowing how it ends. 

Offense just responded yet again to push the lead to 26-14. With just under 6 minutes left in the 4Q. 

You would think (and probably did) "hey, we got this easy."

Oh but no... have to make us SUFFER. 

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

These 2 we need back in 2 wks. Worst case I need Tartt back even though I know how important Ford is. Ford is same way I feel about Kwon. Want them healthy as possible and want them for the gm before the SB. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sherm said:

If we're one and done then it didn't matter...but if we make the NFCCG then that's a gamble worth taking for a shot at the SB. 

I'm not dismissing either possible opponent, but I'm going to be a huge Iggles fan next weekend, and I'd bet all the DL agree. 

Just can't stand watching the Greased Midget evade the near sack... or Sneaky Pete's sideline antics. Please, no more this season.

3 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Fun game to watch through again while knowing how it ends. 

Offense just responded yet again to push the lead to 26-14. With just under 6 minutes left in the 4Q. 

You would think (and probably did) "hey, we got this easy."

Oh but no... have to make us SUFFER. 

Yeah this team just won't make it easy. Gotta play everything down to the wire. 

Just now, oldman9er said:

I'm not dismissing either possible opponent, but I'm going to be a huge Iggles fan next weekend, and I'd bet all the DL agree. 

Just can't stand watching the Greased Midget evade the near sack... or Sneaky Pete's sideline antics. Please, no more this season.

I get everyone's point about not wanting to play Seattle again but let's not act like Philly won't be a tough out. Wentz is playing great and they would have won basically 5 straight playoff type gms before we face them. 1 loss would have ended their season even if the opponents weren't the best at times. I don't want to see any team multiple times let alone 3 times in one season...but we have them at home with a rested defense whoever the opponent is.

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

.. and that 3rd and 6 penalty against Williams was such incredible BS. Sure, Williams should have got his head around sooner, but the contact was weak AF; got to let em play ball in critical moments. This flag felt so forced. 

I didn't like that one but that Garland call was just weak. Don't need any excuse for why it was thrown or what the ref thought. Just a pure weak *** call.

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

.. and that 3rd and 6 penalty against Williams was such incredible BS. Sure, Williams should have got his head around sooner, but the contact was weak AF; got to let em play ball in critical moments. This flag felt so forced. 

From what I remember on that play, Lockett’s Route was to cut into the middle of the field, but he appeared to never make the cut. Williams was following him step for step and the ball was thrown behind Williams. IMO, it was crap call.

17 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

From what I remember on that play, Lockett’s Route was to cut into the middle of the field, but he appeared to never make the cut. Williams was following him step for step and the ball was thrown behind Williams. IMO, it was crap call.

nah, it was the right call there. Williams was handfighting beyond 5 yards, with the ball in the air, and with his head facing away from the ball. 

The ball was thrown to the inside, locket tried to go through Williams to get the ball, and forced Williams to make more contact with him than he was already making. 

If Williams turns his head, that might not have gotten called, but as the ball was being thrown and was in the air, Williams was grabbing locket beyond 5 yards and then additional contact was made. Williams was playing the man and not the ball. 

Easy call to make

• Like 2