WEEK 17 GDT - @SEATTLE

N4L

6 hours ago, N4L said:

I don't buy the "that wasn't the plan and its just the way it worked out" angle with regards to breida. I mean, we saw this earlier in the year with pettis. There was obviously a reason behind it (he was in the dog house)

Shanahan did come out later in a presser though and low-key mentioned that Pettis was in the doghouse. Don't think Shanahan is afraid to put a player on notice to the public.

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

BTW, the Lynch signing reminds me of when the 49ers signed Charles Haley like two days before the wild card game against the Packers in 1999. Haley had been retired for two years. 49ers were desperate though to help boost their pass rush against a rival who had kicked them out of the playoffs three straight years. Haley was definitely eating wind on the one day of prep time he had before the game.

I would guess that we are giving a call to Earl Mitchell. Not really sure what else is out there, but at least Mitchell is familiar with the set up to some extent (even though the line itself is slightly different in the wide 9). 

Bennie Logan is available, I think, but he, nor anyone else, has any familiarity with the team. 

Just now, N4L said:

Time for Solomon Thomas and kentavious street to stand the F up 

I don't want to hear about Seattle's running backs anymore 

Both of them are grossly undersized to play a nose position though, and truthfully, I don't want either on the edge by putting Armstead on the interior. I know that we played Thomas at nose some this year, but if I remember right, we got totally gashed when we did that. I think you maybe can ride with Street there because of the freakish strength, but definitely not a great situation. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Both of them are grossly undersized to play a nose position though, and truthfully, I don't want either on the edge by putting Armstead on the interior. I know that we played Thomas at nose some this year, but if I remember right, we got totally gashed when we did that. I think you maybe can ride with Street there because of the freakish strength, but definitely not a great situation. 

Sheldon day has been alright and is fine in a very limited role, but street has the measurables to man the nose imo. He'svery strong and can be a space eater if he wanted to be. 

I mentioned thomas' name because he's going to see the field a lot. he has seen more snaps recently and has played hard. He hasn't made that many plays but he's physically talented and giving it his all.

When you think about it, thomas is a good guy to play contain/spy Wilson in passing situations. He can run laterally. He is a generally smart guy who can sniff out screen plays too.  

5 hours ago, Dub_City30 said:

What once looked like the Niners could have had an all time great Defense to now can barely hang on in games 

I'm not feeling sorry for us. That's a defense that still has Bosa, AA, Buck, Sherm, Warner, Ward, Tartt, KW, and Spoon. I get the what could have been...but what is is enough to win the gm Sunday nite. 

All those other teams in the NFC need crap to happen for them to get a top seed or bye or hell just to get in the playoffs. We're the only team that has what we want in front of us. Win and the NFC has to come through Levi Stadium. 

• Like 4

Yea the Julian Taylor loss isnt really that much of a game changer. DJ Jones was. This is where Buckner is going to earn his next contract, If we know we can have success while pairing him with an inexpensive vet like Sheldon Day or mid round unproven draft pick like Street then he's going to be worth that Fletcher Cox type mula. He's probably earned that anyways but for the sake of knowing where to invest in the future it'd be nice to not have a 70mil/yr defensive line. 

• Like 1