2020 Outlook

candyman93

If Freddie Kitchens is back next year I don't see how anyone can continue watching games. Without a shift in the coaching staff we're doomed to more of the same. It took the incompetence of Freddie and Hue to show me that HC is the most important part of a team and it's not even close. Draft whoever, sign whoever, cut whoever. I don't care. Just hire somebody who knows what they're doing (RE: experienced/winning rep coach) and give them three years to give us a winning season. In some sort of bizarro-world shakeup, I think we'd be in the same  if not better situation than we're currently in if Rivera or McCarthy or even ******* Jeff Fisher were handed the keys to the Kizer squad. 

1 hour ago, Reginaldm9 said:

If Freddie Kitchens is back next year I don't see how anyone can continue watching games. Without a shift in the coaching staff we're doomed to more of the same. It took the incompetence of Freddie and Hue to show me that HC is the most important part of a team and it's not even close. Draft whoever, sign whoever, cut whoever. I don't care. Just hire somebody who knows what they're doing (RE: experienced/winning rep coach) and give them three years to give us a winning season. In some sort of bizarro-world shakeup, I think we'd be in the same  if not better situation than we're currently in if Rivera or McCarthy or even ******* Jeff Fisher were handed the keys to the Kizer squad. 

Honestly, I could see a (bad) scenario where the talent on our roster next year wills us to 10 wins. Myles, Kareem, Nick, OBJ, and Jarvis go “**** it” mode and ball out. I have confidence Dorsey will hammer the offensive line and make it better than this year. I also have confidence Baker will bounce back and put up a better season.

However, our coaches will be carried by these guys.

Edited by candyman93

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ve long been a Campbell supporter, I think he’s “HC material” whatever tf that means.

He and Lombardo would be coming from the same offense in NO which would be great as well.

You know me I’m a huge fan of either Campbell, Dan or Matt. Higher on Matt, everywhere he’s gone he’s had success. Go watch Iowa State games no matter the team they play they’re really well coached. 

28 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

You know me I’m a huge fan of either Campbell, Dan or Matt. Higher on Matt, everywhere he’s gone he’s had success. Go watch Iowa State games no matter the team they play they’re really well coached. 

College coaches make me nervous, especially ones with no significant NFL experience.

Not saying they can’t succeed, but I’d rather hire a guy who knows the league.

4 hours ago, Pruitt3443 said:

Ben standing on the sidelines looks like he has gained a bunch of weight and is auditioning for a role as a homeless person on Law & Order.

Ben >>>> Rudolph and >>>>>>>>>Duck.

That said, random homeless guy > Rudolph and >>> Duck so it doesn't say a whole lot but it makes the offense a lot better. Rudolph is easily shaken and Duck has Kessler arm strength.

I think from afar the offense is more easily fixed than from within. Freddie is trying to make what we do better instead of switching what we do and who knows if that light will ever click.

We have missing pieces on offense but they aren't the most elusive missing pieces so the fix shouldn't be difficult. On defense we need to play smarter and care more. Whether we need a motivator or players who are self motivated I don't know, might take a year to figure that out. Gotta have the fire on defense. Don't have to play out of control but you have to care about every play because you are going to face opposition that has players who care about every play and all things being equal they will defeat you.

• Like 1