GB's and Clappers: Dallas at Sheagles

HDsportsfan

1 hour ago, The_Slamman said:

Bro, I disagree.  2008 was more disappointing.  After 2008, I started the mantra of kick me in the balls if I ever believe in this team again.  Then 2015 was a complete cluster f.  This year, while frustrating, was exactly what we’ve seen from the cowboys the previous 2 years combined... some good, some bad.  

They're close. But, this team is deeper and outside of LVE and nagging injuries to Cooper they were healthy across the board. The '08 team as I recall had a handful of injuries everywhere including Romo missing 3-4 games. Maybe this one sticks out because it's current....

Edited by WizardHawk

14 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

They're close. But, this team is deeper and outside of LVE and nagging injuries to Cooper they were healthy across the board. The '08 team as I recall had a handful of injuries everywhere including Romo missing 3-4 games. Maybe this one sticks out because it's current....

2008 was the year we started out dominating coming off a 13-3 season.  We had 2 first round draft picks.  We picked up Pac-Man and Zach Thomas. It was the year TO got jealous that Witten and Romo were coming up with plays w/o him and blew up the locker room.  

Romo did break his pinky finger and missed 3 games.  But on paper we were better than the 13-3 team.  It was the year of the 44-8 loss to philly to end the year.  TO got cut in the offseason.

Edited by The_Slamman

1 hour ago, TheGame316 said:

Hey. They're going to "Review the tape, Get back to work, Have a good week of Practice and move onto the next game"

Good point. Thank you for the recalibration. We all need it. I think it’s important that we all remember that was a good football team we played, and:

1. It’s hard to win in this league.

2. They practice hard.

3. They play hard.

4. They’ll work to get better.

5. We have the right kinds of guys.

6. We go about things the right way.

7. It’s a process.

Edited by plan9misfit
  • Like 1