Amari Cooper anyone in free agents

Geno

Amari Cooper may be a free agent would you sign him he's 25 years old will be a great boost to our offense and wide receiver corps find a tight end maybe the one in Atlanta things are now looking up maybe a 6 year 70 million get it done let's do this thing

Edited by Geno

4 minutes ago, Geno said:

Amari Cooper may be a free agent would you sign him he's 25 years old will be a great boost to our offense and wide receiver corps find a tight end maybe the one in Atlanta things are now looking up

The quick answer imo is no.

It would be nice to add Amari but I’d much rather spend money at corner. Byron Jones or Mackenzie Alexander would be great adds. A lot of guys  here are looking for a run at Austin Hooper, but when was the last time a top of the market free agent tight end panned out? Adding one in the middle rounds is more prudent. OT is another major need, hopefully they can flip Trent for a pick high enough to lock that position down (I’m assuming they stay at 2 and grab Chase Young). A game breaking RB that can stay out of the trainers room would be nice too. 
I just really like the youngry these kids are bring out wide. As Haskins improves they are showing they can make plays. They seem to be feeding off each other and I wouldn’t want to mess that room up with a big time signing. 

• Like 1

A big Yes from me. Our other guys are on rookie deals. Wouldnt hurt to spend and get even more help for Haskins the next few years of his development. It would be impossible for near any defense we face to cover that unit on any pass play. Someone will be open. And room is still there to add a piece or 2 to the OL.

I’m more worried about finding a TE. Byron Jones is the player I want. He does it all and would make a huge impact om this defense. TE and LT are the biggest needs. I draft Young to sure up the Defensive front. We arent going to fill all the holes this offseason so if we could focus on locking up our defense and protecting Haskins I’m cool with our plan. I give our young WR’s one more year. I see what Guice and Love can do and the year after make my run at a TE WR or premier back like Dobbins

• Like 1

Shocked he wasn't even on the field on the 4th down at the end . Man Dak looked awful ! The Cowboys have decisions to make .  Jason Garrett- Geez man, a 3rd and 1, You have that O L and Elliot and he throws it . Jay Gruden 2 point 0 > What an idiot ! Should have been fired a month ago ! Jerruh screwed the pooch ! Love it so much ! 

Those bums better show up next week and trash us  !

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Do we need a WR?  Honestly I think we have a lot bigger needs.  I would pass on Cooper. 

Same here. I'm not investing tens of millions on him when we are starting 3 rookie WRs and getting pretty good production out of all of them. If we want to add to our WR corps (yes kids, it's CORPS not CORE!!!) then we can just draft another WR. 

• Like 2

I wanted him midseason when it looked like we needed a real upgrade there. Now that Sims has emerged as a do everything WR and Harmon has shown to be a consistent possession  WR, I see no need to waste $ on a FA WR. Heck! Even Cam Sims finally showed a flash yesterday with his great catch over the middle when he high pointed a Haskins pass in the red zone.

We should, however, draft at least one at some point. It doesn't have to be early, but we should get more depth there.