Amari Cooper anyone in free agents

Geno

3 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Shocked he wasn't even on the field on the 4th down at the end . Man Dak looked awful ! The Cowboys have decisions to make .  Jason Garrett- Geez man, a 3rd and 1, You have that O L and Elliot and he throws it . Jay Gruden 2 point 0 > What an idiot ! Should have been fired a month ago ! Jerruh screwed the pooch ! Love it so much ! 

Those bums better show up next week and trash us  !

I posted the same thing that Cooper wasn’t on the field in crunch time. Jerruh has to get a coach where he can be the puppeteer, and he can get all the credit if successful. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Take K.J. Hill In the 4th or 5th round and roll with the young guys

Mclaurin, Harmon, Sims, Hill, C. Sims, and Quinn

roll with those 6 next year, only reason I say keep a 6th receiver is Incase something happens to Steven sims

I’m ready to move on from Quinn. Dude is a scrub. 

We have Sprinkle. Who is open most of the time. But its the WRs getting the targets and hes a secondary look-too. Haskins is getting rid of the ball at a 2.3 second clip to receivers. About when any 6'5 265lb TE would be able to get open when facing guys smaller, quicker and lighter like CB, S, and LBs.

The space is there for a guy like Cooper because everyone is on rookie deals. And some wanted to take the Bama WR in the top five of the draft anyway. We have no 2nd round pick. If we could come into next season with Chase Young and Cooper. Thats one killer offseason weve had.

23 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

We have Sprinkle. Who is open most of the time. But its the WRs getting the targets and hes a secondary look-too. Haskins is getting rid of the ball at a 2.3 second clip to receivers. About when any 6'5 265lb TE would be able to get open when facing guys smaller, quicker and lighter like CB, S, and LBs.

The space is there for a guy like Cooper because everyone is on rookie deals. And some wanted to take the Bama WR in the top five of the draft anyway. We have no 2nd round pick. If we could come into next season with Chase Young and Cooper. Thats one killer offseason weve had.

Sprinkle kinda sucks. And by kinda, I mean, sucks a lot. 

I have no problem with Quinn, but he shouldn't have been our 3rd WR this year or our punt returner. Steven Sims, Jr. is so much better. Quinn should be this team's 5th or 6th WR - if he’s even on the team at all -  but the fact that he was on the field over Steven Sims, Jr. the first half of the year is a big indictment on Jay Gruden.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

While I wouldn’t mind signing Cooper, I don’t think we definitely need him and I don’t think he’s worth $15 million plus and definitely not worth near $19 a year. That’s where my rub is with Cooper. It’s not the player with me, it’s the cost. He’s going to be looking to be the highest paid WR in the NFL like a Michael Thomas type deal and I don’t think we should be giving him that.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

The quick answer imo is no.

It would be nice to add Amari but I’d much rather spend money at corner. Byron Jones or Mackenzie Alexander would be great adds. A lot of guys  here are looking for a run at Austin Hooper, but when was the last time a top of the market free agent tight end panned out? Adding one in the middle rounds is more prudent. OT is another major need, hopefully they can flip Trent for a pick high enough to lock that position down (I’m assuming they stay at 2 and grab Chase Young). A game breaking RB that can stay out of the trainers room would be nice too. 

I just really like the youngry these kids are bring out wide. As Haskins improves they are showing they can make plays. They seem to be feeding off each other and I wouldn’t want to mess that room up with a big time signing. 

Good point on the corners. I'd love to sign one like Byron Jones or Mackenzie Alexander like you mentioned. If we don't, we should draft one at some point. I like the young corners we have like @RSkinGM said, but I don't think any young corner we have on our roster is a starter opposite Dunny. And, if they are, they certainly haven't shown it enough to my liking.

Last time a top of the market FA tight worked out was just last year, Jared Cook to the Saints, and before that he was a good FA pick up by the Raiders.

I agree that’s I’d rather draft one in the mid rounds or sign a FA who’s far cheaper than Hooper. I think Sprinkle is good as a #2 TE and Hentges has certainly shown enough to be a #3 TE or even leapfrog Sprinkle to be our #2 TE next year.

I do agree with your last point though, these young kids that are trying to prove themselves and get to a second contract in the NFL which pays them well are more of what I want rather then overpaying for a FA who’s not going to be any better.

Edited by turtle28

31 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

While I wouldn’t mind signing Cooper, I don’t think we definitely need him and I don’t think he’s worth $15 million plus and definitely not worth near $19 a year. That’s where my rub is with Cooper. It’s not the player with me, it’s the cost. He’s going to be looking to be the highest paid WR in the NFL like a Michael Thomas type deal and I don’t think we should be giving him that.

Bingo. Of course we’d love to have Amari Cooper. He’d be an enormous upgrade on Kelvin Harmon across from McLaurin, there’s no doubt about that. He’s been a bona fide superstar for Dallas — but we’re starting to see the injuries set in again, which is one of the major reasons to avoid him. 

The other one is as you said: he is going to get PAID. And we just have other needs that must be addressed, not just one big dollar need, and we’ve got these young guys at WR who’ve really shown something. Would love to see if those guys plus a quality pass-catching TE could develop into a dangerous crew.

If not, we’re back to the drawing board looking for a WR1/WR2 to play opposite Scary Terry. But we can’t fix everything in one offseason — we’re gonna have to wait on some positions, and WR is one where I might wait and see for another year. 

• Like 1