On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 6:22 AM, SteelKing728 said:

Shaun Alexander

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:43 AM, Malfatron said:
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 6:22 AM, SteelKing728 said:
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 5:31 AM, sammymvpknight said:

Who’s next? Christine Michael?

Shaun Alexander

Ahman Green

Leonard Weaver, Mo Morris, Leon Washington, Julius Jones, Thomas Rawls, and TJ Duckett; probably.

• Like 2

BTW, the Lynch signing reminds me of when the 49ers signed Charles Haley like two days before the wild card game against the Packers in 1999. Haley had been retired for two years. 49ers were desperate though to help boost their pass rush against a rival who had kicked them out of the playoffs three straight years. Haley was definitely eating wind on the one day of prep time he had before the game.

30 minutes ago, showtime said:

This feels like it has to be against the cba 

Jed York should give kittle the right to sell apparel with the team logo as well, then he could buy a boat load of it to hand out as a gameday give away. Save some dough against the cap.

Edited by N4L

14 hours ago, N4L said:

Jed York should give kittle the right to sell apparel with the team logo as well, then he could buy a boat load of it to hand out as a gameday give away. Save some dough against the cap.

Lunch is only doing this to sell his brand. I don't think he's going to be anything special this Sunday.

14 hours ago, N4L said:

I think it's a separate venture by Lynch, not necessarily something associated with the Seahawks. He's selling it on his own website, the proceeds go to himself.

18 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think it's a separate venture by Lynch, not necessarily something associated with the Seahawks. He's selling it on his own website, the proceeds go to himself.

Yes, but the fact they made it part of the contract is what I am questioning. 

Players can sell their own apparel, that not the issue, its when a player is compensated beyond $$$$ that it feels like a cba work around.

If part of his contract is that he is given the right to certain trademarked phrases, which in turn he can use to make a profit, then that seems like an obvious breach of the cba. 

If what he is selling isn't trademarked, then why put it in the contract? the fact they had to grant written permission is what makes me question it. 

I'll use my kittle example again. If the niners said, we will knock off 5 million from your base salary, but we will allow you to sell merchandise (with trademarked logos) on the side to make up for that, it would be a clear violation of the cba from my understanding. otherwise, niners fans everywhere would just buy the shirts, which would let us sign kittle for less so that we can keep other players. 

9 minutes ago, N4L said:

Yes, but the fact they made it part of the contract is what I am questioning. 

Did they? The way I read the tweet, it's talking about his contract, his playoff money, then the ellipses... then talking about his own separate interests, which isn't contractual. 

That's how I interpreted it, anyways.