Week #16 GDT Steelers at Ravens Ho, Ho, Humbug!

Steeler Hitman

After losing to the Jets and probably being out of the 2019 Play-offs (not that I expected the Steelers to do anything, but one and done) this is how I am feeling! Ho, Ho, Humbug!

badsanta_primary.jpg?resize=1100x740

In regards to the Steelers 2019 play-off chances after dropping their last two: In the words of Bad Santa Willie, "Wish in one hand and $&!& in another and see which one fills up first!"

steelers-ravens-100319-getty-ftr_hz1z86p

Who: Steelers 8-7 at Ravens 13-2                             Where: M & T Stadium Baltimore, MD

When: Sunday, December 29, 2019 @ 4:15 pm       At Stake: A play-off trip to KC for Steelers

with help from the Texans

Analysis: Good results raise expectations and poor performances, bring you back to reality. The truth is that the 2019 Steelers have already exceeded expectations. After an 0-3 start, this team fought back with a second year and rookie third and fourth string QB's.  The Steelers rediscovered their defense. They have a great young core to make this defense something special down the road. I am still proud of this team and despite the result, I don't feel like they underachieved as some more talented Steelers teams have done in the past. Maybe in 2020, they can put it all together. 

Definition of Offense:

1. Something that outrages the moral or physical senses.  That fits the Steelers offense the past several games.

2. the act of displeasing or affronting . Yep that fits the offensive results the past few games with the play-offs on the line.

3. the means or method of attacking or of attempting to score (see the Ravens, Chiefs, or Saints for an example).

4. I am still rooting for the Duck! Amazing how fans jump off the bandwagon with a bad game or two. He still competed after being benched and despite a horrible snap, tremendous rush and an all or nothing scenario, he put up a pass that should have been caught by our best (but injured and rusty) WR.

5. For the love of baby Jesus, can we score some dang points!

rickybobby-998x697.jpg

6. All I want for Christmas is to see a ref holding his arms like this for the Steelers:

1a-2.jpg

Defense: Not getting offended at the offensive output.

abrir-conta-na-b3-acoes-op%C3%A7%C3%B5es

1. Too much pressure is put on the defense to make it happen for the offense. Even when they do, teams play the percentages that our offense can't sustain a decent drive and we lose games giving up only one or two TD's.  As a result, it also hand-cuff's the defenses ability to produce more sacks and turnovers as teams play to not make mistakes.  This has limited some of the defensive splash plays the pat few weeks as teams have played with the lead more often than not.

2. Improve the run defense.  While teams are not gashing the Steelers for huge yards, teams are running efficiently and effectively.  Our defensive strength is in our pass rush. Let's put teams in obvious passing situations of second and third and long.  This will lead to more sacks and possible INT's.

Prediction: I have no faith that our offensive production will be enough.  It is a magical year for the Ravens and we have been relegated to playing our starters versus their back-ups....Humbling! Yet like we used to do the Browns back when Landry Jones was throwing TD passes to Cobi Hamilton, the Ravens still have too much offense. While I would love to see this team in the play-offs, the Ravens have too much firepower this year. The RG3 led Ravens back-ups over Steelers 17 - 13. 

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, much happiness, peace and goodwill to you all....Even the Browns, Bengals Ravens fans! :D

Babes:

7ceef1e64bda89695e72cf42ca1524b3.jpg

LA_85356_01_276_12x17_FHV2015.jpg

2017-Autumn-Winter-Red-Christmas-Rompers

6198d9b081304b62624735014c2a0edc

Merry Christmas!!!!

Edited by Steeler Hitman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I feel like Pouncey is probably out for a huge chunk of next season. Probably the whole thing. That's pretty disappointing because now we have to pay him and we don't have a center. 

not much different than paying for a QB and not having him play  such as in 2019, but pounceys cap hit is much less and a replacement should be attainable . 

32 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

And so it begins.

I hope he just retires tbh. If there is serious doubt its because the injury was worse than anyone ever admitted and he believes he will not be the same player.

This indecision needs to stop. We are gonna take a HUGE cap hit if he walks away, so hell, might as well lose all of our FAs and cut Pouncey too. Although if Ben retires Foster and Pouncey most likely will too 

Edited by wwhickok

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I hope he just retires tbh. If there is serious doubt its because the injury was worse than anyone ever admitted and he believes he will not be the same player.

This indecision needs to stop. We are gonna take a HUGE cap hit if he walks away, so hell, might as well lose all of our FAs and cut Pouncey too. Although if Ben retires Foster and Pouncey most likely will too 

I wouldn't think so. If you retire, usually the guarantees are null and void.

*I see the point about passing the physical. 

Edited by Chieferific