Week #16 GDT Steelers at Ravens Ho, Ho, Humbug!

Steeler Hitman

5 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Titans probably beat the Texans pretty easy though.

titans lost the last game and it was in tennessee  fwiw . This is going down to the last minutes of the season to verify who goes to the playoffs, the nfl did something right with the schedule anyways. 

I we get in, we play the Chiefs .  No easy game sin the playoffs in the AFC anyways, there should be some good games this year Chiefs are playing excellent on defence too, so right now I would say they are the team to beat unless the Pats get back to SB  form  and of course the Ravens should be tough for whoever. It will be interesting to se how they are in the playoffs, if Ingram is healthy as well as Peters. 

Everyone has injuries , but who will win?

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

I dont know, I am just chalking this stuff up as good news for us this year when we had zero expectations. This is a great off-season to need to extend JuJu and Connor now. 

Yep, lock down a couple of solid players that still have potential to do great things to affordable and 3-4 year deals. That way we can save some money for Watt's future mega deal and Bud's new contract.

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Yep, lock down a couple of solid players that still have potential to do great things to affordable and 3-4 year deals. That way we can save some money for Watt's future mega deal and Bud's new contract.

Yup. I just don’t think that getting JuJu and Connor for a combine (around) $20M per year is much of a stretch. The way those two can produce, I would think that’s a steal. 

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I hope Cain gets a long term deal and Vannett.

Not necessarily because either has shown a lot but because they'd be cheap and have had good moments, shown some potential. Vannett has struggled as a blocker but I wonder how much he would improve with a full Steelers training camp. 

On 26.12.2019 at 4:24 AM, bigben07MVP said:

Side note, watch out for Ravens rookie RB Justice Hill. He is a beast and could torch the F out of us with Ingram and possibly even Edwards out.

Justice Hill has been a disappointment so far. He just doesn't read his blocks well/or at all and we haven't really been able to utilize him yet. His best game by far was against the Browns, where we saw some of his speed and ability in the passing game, but beside that game he has not been good.

15 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I hope Cain gets a long term deal and Vannett.

Not necessarily because either has shown a lot but because they'd be cheap and have had good moments, shown some potential. Vannett has struggled as a blocker but I wonder how much he would improve with a full Steelers training camp. 

I agree with both, just for different reasons. Cain has shown some flashes. I think all his catches have gone for 1st downs. He's fast and he's big, those traits are rarely bad. 

Vannett, on the other hand, has been pretty non-existent. He seems pretty forgettable but we have next to no TE depth next year. The only guy on the roster could possibly be Gentry. While I'm hopeful he might develop into an average #2, he's certainly not there yet. I think we need to sign Vannett and maybe another FA. Maybe Vance will give us a break and rework his deal, and then ultimately get hurt in the 3rd preseason game and miss 10 games. 

• Like 1