Week #16 GDT Steelers at Ravens Ho, Ho, Humbug!

Steeler Hitman

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I hope he just retires tbh. If there is serious doubt its because the injury was worse than anyone ever admitted and he believes he will not be the same player.

This indecision needs to stop. We are gonna take a HUGE cap hit if he walks away, so hell, might as well lose all of our FAs and cut Pouncey too. Although if Ben retires Foster and Pouncey most likely will too 

Do you always have to be so needlessly negative?   I could understand if there were some basis to it, but there is absolutely zero logic or backing for the bolded comment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chieferific said:

I wouldn't think so. If you retire, usually the guarantees are null and void.

*I see the point about passing the physical. 

It's not that I dont want Ben back but with all the problems offensively we have right now, I feel like Ben took it upon himself to change the narrative to once again be all about him.

It's another example of this team living and breathing through Ben and having no glimpse of a future beyond him. You've got potentially 3 teams with the QB of the future and then Pittsburgh prepping to become the new #4.

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Do you always have to be so needlessly negative?   I could understand if there were some basis to it, but there is absolutely zero logic or backing for the bolded comment.

It was more of a snarky comment at Ben than it was a serious one. It was meant to lack logic. Idk what's going on with Pouncey. But its fixable. Ben just needs to be all in or all out.

6 hours ago, wwhickok said:

It was more of a snarky comment at Ben than it was a serious one. It was meant to lack logic. Idk what's going on with Pouncey. But its fixable. Ben just needs to be all in or all out.

and with fichner calling plays, I would expect the steelers to be out (eventually). I can't see fichner taking a team far into a post season unless the defence is light out

17 hours ago, Chieferific said:

And so it begins.

The media today needs to learn the difference between honest reporting and an opinionated editorial! No correct that, a dang lie!!! >:(>:(

15 hours ago, August4th said:

"Clarity to calm down the masses?"  The story should not have been put out in the first place!  "I've talked to people who have spoken to him." Who???? Be a man or woman and put your dang name on it!  I am so sick of seeing this bunk to get hits on a link.  It is wrong and I cannot stand that crap.  I have zero respect for this type of journalism. This is my opinion and my feelings on this type of "shock journalism to get website hits to go viral." 

I have lost a tremendous amount of respect for the mainstream media as a whole in both sports and other areas.  There was a time that journalist where held to a standard.  There was integrity in reporting.  That meant that you did not report anything without validating or getting it from a "highly trusted source that would attribute whatever they said (by name)."  Now they say whatever they think will get hits on a post, and then retract it or get someone else to do it.  That is pure horse crap!   

HORSE-SHIT.png

I trust the opinions and sincerity of the people who post here and even many fans that have the pulse of the team than many of these so called insiders. 

I think they need to be held to a higher standard and fined and lose jobs for doing this kind of crap.  (yeah I am still pee-oed we lost the last two games) However, this doesn't help. Here is the latest from Steelers Depot below:

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/12/report-roethlisberger-miraculously-healed-wants-to-and-expects-to-play-in-2020-and-beyond/

In the article Mort attributes a source (Ron Cook) and states even when he spoke to him about this (after the Bills game). Respectable journalism 101!

Edited by Steeler Hitman
  • Like 2

Its logical that Ben would have concerns about his elbow. I'm assuming this is a "if I cant be the QB this team needs, I shouldn't be the QB of this team" type mindset. 

But I'm also tired of the storyline. Dont even talk about it until you've had an opportunity to throw and see where you're at and If there is reason for such doubt.

how is it that pouncey got hurt sunday yet nobody knows what the injury is yet.  They put Mason on iR, but no word on pouncey yet?

Also, imagine if we won and the titans lost? Then we would get into the post season to most likely get annihilated because this team can't score and we would be playing the chiefs. It's probably better this team loses, unless they can 'manufacture' some offence for a change. Imagine duck getting benched, hurt, and then Paxton has to save the day? Duck did throw what looked to be the winner vs the jets but JW didn't hold on.  Who knows anymore, and no ground game to lean on either at least vs legit run defences what few actually are left in the playoffs. 

Edited by 3rivers
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 3rivers said:

how is it that pouncey got hurt sunday yet nobody knows what the injury is yet.  They put Mason on iR, but no word on pouncey yet?

Also, imagine if we won and the titans lost? Then we would get into the post season to most likely get annihilated because this team can't score and we would be playing the chiefs. It's probably better this team loses, unless they can 'manufacture' some offence for a change. Imagine duck getting benched, hurt, and then Paxton has to save the day? Duck did throw what looked to be the winner vs the jets but JW didn't hold on.  Who knows anymore, and no ground game to lean on either at least vs legit run defences what few actually are left in the playoffs. 

It might be an easier diagnosis for Rudolph. Knees swell a lot and I don’t think you can do anything to a swollen knee. We did sign a Center off the PS, so I imagine they expect a lengthy injury.

5 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

It might be an easier diagnosis for Rudolph. Knees swell a lot and I don’t think you can do anything to a swollen knee. We did sign a Center off the PS, so I imagine they expect a lengthy injury.

so pouncey  had MRI and nothing serious?  Thats good for him, but when he couldn't walk off, that looked serious. Oddly, the play never looked threatening, but maybe his foot got caught in a crease of the turf .  

3 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

pouncey made the all decade team xD

I thought there was legitimacy with he all decade team, but turns out I am wrong

You’re letting your recency bias show.

He was good, then injury prone and overrated...then last 4 years damn good and average this year.

People need to stop with this going from one polar opposite to the other crap.

Not trying to be a —- LeBeau truthfully but people need to stop being so black and white...there’s usually a large gray area.

• Like 4

The Ravens want absolutely nothing to do with helping a white hot Titans team get into the playoffs. They announced on friggin Monday that they are benching all their studs. We should be able to get plenty of sack/turnovers from RG3 and win this game IMO. Titans probably beat the Texans pretty easy though.

Only reason I’m rooting for the playoffs is for the story and for Duck and Tomlin/Watt for COTY and DPOY. If Houston wins and we get the 6th seed, would KC or Houston be #3? Because I think we would actually have a shot against Houston. If we make the playoffs somehow I could see a 2nd wave of momentum come through this team. 

• Like 2