Week #16 GDT Steelers at Ravens Ho, Ho, Humbug!

Steeler Hitman

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Danny Smith, Jordan Berry, Randy Fichtner, Sean Sarretts, all need to be fired and might as well move on from Butler too. BUT no changes will occur.

I get the anti-Butler bandwagon last year but it’s tough to go with that after how this defense has performed this year. You don’t stick with him last year and then can him after your defense drags your putrid offense to 8 wins. The rest of it like you said, I don’t expect any changes either.

Edited by Neumatic

Mark Barron needs to go

Terrell Edmunds needs to be upgraded, maybe in free agency. 

Fichtner needs to go.

We should bring in competition for Foster and Pouncey. 

Need to find a way to keep Dupree.

Draft priorities should be finding a replacement for Hargrave in the 2nd and possibly a QB prospect if we can find one for good value. 

If we make these changes and Ben comes back healthy next year we can be a 13-3 team in the AFC. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

I get the anti-Butler bandwagon last year but it’s tough to go with that after how this defense has performed this year. You don’t stick with him last year and then can him after your defense drags your putrid offense to 8 wins. The rest of it like you said, I don’t expect any changes either.

I'm not on the anti-Butler train this year. I just have reservations about him as a DC moving forward.

7 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Mark Barron needs to go

Terrell Edmunds needs to be upgraded, maybe in free agency. 

Fichtner needs to go.

We should bring in competition for Foster and Pouncey. 

Need to find a way to keep Dupree.

Draft priorities should be finding a replacement for Hargrave in the 2nd and possibly a QB prospect if we can find one for good value. 

If we make these changes and Ben comes back healthy next year we can be a 13-3 team in the AFC. 

I agree with most of this. I think Foster needs to go as well. 

• Like 1

My shopping list has everything to do with the offensive coaching room. Realistically, we will not be moving Fichtner, so we need to add to the room in meaningful ways. We need more playcallers/game callers. We need more eyes. We need some youth. 

Wide receiver, Quarterback, and Tight end (I believe it’s been rumored Daniel would retire) will be open. I would, personally, want to target the TYPES of guys listed below. I really don’t know much about them, or their willingness for the NFL position coach game...but I want coaches that have an involvement with building game plan so. 

QB Coach- Mike Yurcich, Ohio State. Big time program. Big time success. Actually had a good track record as a lone playcaller and worked with Mason at OK State. Currently Passing game Coordinator and QB coach at OSU.

WR: Frisman Jackson, Baylor. If Rhule jumps, there’s chances some of his guys go with him, but ones left behind might take new gigs. Jackson had a successful year coaching in the NFL under his belt and is part of a high powered offense at Baylor as the Passing game coordinator. 

Tight End: Bill Bedenbaugh, Oklahoma. Co-offensive coordinator with one of the most innovative and inventive offenses in college. Coaches the OLine there as well. Good chance for more eyes on the blocking/running game after losing Munch. 

Again, no clue that there’s guys would be interested in an nfl position gig be what they have,but if it was up to me that’s how I’m filling the voids. I want new, play calling blood I’m the room. These guys have those chops and can be position coaches too. There’s no salary cap on NFL coaches. Make that room better. 

We have 4 Coordinators in the defensive classroom. We need that makeover in the offensive now too. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, August4th said:

if Dallas fires garret that might mean kellen moore could be available...I like what he added to that offense

I'd be down for Kellen Moore. BUT considering Mike Tomlin stated Randy Fichtner has been excellent this season, he isnt getting replaced. Same old same old. Settling for mediocrity.