Week #16 GDT Steelers at Ravens Ho, Ho, Humbug!

Steeler Hitman

29 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

He has shown nice power on numerous occasions.  Youre right about him having very little wiggle, but he is a north/south runner.  He has deceptive burst, decent vision and hits open holes hard.

He isnt a feature back, but also not as bad as you seem to think he is.

I don't find his power to be that extraordinary if that's the main skillset he brings to the table.

16 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Hard to do in a limited amount of time with the team from draft till camp. 

I think he finds the crease and runs hard enough to get through it. Feels like he is always falling forward. He was highly productive and doesn’t rely on the big burst plays.

Honestly, for me, I could care less about his speed. I think big play ability is the most overrated feature of a running back. It’s the hardest to replicate and the first ability to go away. And usually, as soon as it goes away the back goes from relevant to irrelevant. 

Gimme a guy that’s a true 4 YPC, not someone’s who’s average dips 1.5 yards by taking away their longest run of each game (Hi, Todd).  

Can he get me 3 when I need 2? I think he can. Can he wear down a team in the 4th and have teams hating tackling him late in December? I think so. 

I think he will play quicker with a full offseason and some cut lbs. Long winded answer, but I see the makings of a good NFL player but he will never be fancy, just productive. 

I guess I can buy into most of that but for me I just don't see anything that special.  Easily replaced imo. 

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

I don't find his power to be that extraordinary if that's the main skillset he brings to the table.

He isnt a pure power back, but he runs hard and does have decent power.

He isnt starting quality and I dont think anyone is arguing that he is.  But again, the way you sometimes talk about him, you act like he has no value or skills, and thats not true.   

On top of that, he is a rookie.  He still has room to improve certain aspects of his game.

2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

He isnt a pure power back, but he runs hard and does have decent power.

He isnt starting quality and I dont think anyone is arguing that he is.  But again, the way you sometimes talk about him, you act like he has no value or skills, and thats not true.   

On top of that, he is a rookie.  He still has room to improve certain aspects of his game.

I don't find his skillset to be anything special. Enough to be on a roster? Sure. But again, easily replaceable and JAG imo.