Bengals place WR AJ Green on IR

RaidersAreOne

I mean in theory (on paper) the Bengals shouldn't suck on offense next year. I'd imagine they will have be taking a QB with their 1st pick, and could have AJ Green, Tyler Boyd, John Ross, and Joe Mixon back on offense. A little work on that OL and they should be a decent unit going forward.

3 hours ago, tyler735 said:

I mean in theory (on paper) the Bengals shouldn't suck on offense next year. I'd imagine they will have be taking a QB with their 1st pick, and could have AJ Green, Tyler Boyd, John Ross, and Joe Mixon back on offense. A little work on that OL and they should be a decent unit going forward.

Plus their 1st round left tackle. Burrow will be a happy man.

• Like 1

This tells me AJ Green has been making a “business decision” for mostly this entire season.

Clearly the Bengals and their medical staff must’ve felt the injury wasn’t as serious as Green, else they would’ve designated him IR-return vs going this route.

No way do I see him back in Cincy. You don’t pull this stunt and stay in the same place. Otherwise he could’ve just negotiated an extension and then came back when he was healthy.

The real question for me would be where he might decide to go in FA. I think Belichick hardcore recruits him to join the Patriots. The Bills would have serious interest. Him in that New Orleans offense would be very dangerous if they could clear the cap space to sign him. I hope my Ravens make a run at him, but as a divisional rival that might be a tough sell.