QB Prospects you like

WindyCity

I think the Bears have to add a mid round QB at least for optics sake.

Who are some you like?

I like Bryce Perkins from Virginia, 6'3" 215lbs, superb athlete, solid passer and has some stones as he ended a 15 year losing streak against VT and then went in to throw punches in Clemson.

Perkins isn't a QB prospect.

I like none in round 2 only because I don't want Pace to pick anyone. Ride it out with this clown next year and get Fields or Lawrence.

Take some stroke in the 5th round that I won't care if the new regime in 2021 launches into the sun

If you feel the need, trade for Newton or Dalton or something. No need to waste a pick on another talentless hack.

Edited by beardown3231

Joe Burrow is the only draftable QB from this class I've seen yet, but I've only watched ~ 8 or so "top" QBs. I just don't see any way we can trade to #1 overall (or any reason Cinci would trade out of it), or any way we could fix the glaring issues  like the offensive line and lack of TE draft capital wise, if we somehow did manage to make that jump. Seems like a weak overall class, with exactly one really strong prospect.

Jordan Love and Jacob Eason are two that have the arm talent, but they both also make a ton of "Cutler-esque" decisions...

I'd add, I think Pace and Nagy should be on the hotseat enough that maybe we get like Mariota in here vs drafting a guy... I honestly don't really want to be stuck on a new drafted QB with a lame duck head coach/GM like we did to Fox.  I think Nagy/Pace's best prospect for saving their jobs right now is snagging Mariota, going HARD on TE/OL revamps, then basically running a baltimore offense.  We could run Mitch and Mariota all day, and not give a single damn about either getting hurt.

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I like none in round 2 only because I don't want Pace to pick anyone. Ride it out with this clown next year and get Fields or Lawrence.

Take some stroke in the 5th round that I won't care if the new regime in 2021 launches into the sun

If you feel the need, trade for Newton or Dalton or something. No need to waste a pick on another talentless hack.

We will have to be extremely lucky to end up with either one of those guys.

Our defense is not bad enough to allow that to happen.  I expect another 7-9 to 9-7 type season in 2020.

• Like 1

Unpopular opinion: I think we should be trading Mack to a "win now" team for draft capital to help replace Mitch. Be it for the 2020 or 2021.    We bet big on Biscuit and busted. Mack was part of that bet, and honestly isn't doing anything useful for us in yet another rebuild.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I think we have to take a volume approach with QBs. let's draft one with our 2nd or 4th and try again the following year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Epyon said:

Unpopular opinion: I think we should be trading Mack to a "win now" team for draft capital to help replace Mitch. Be it for the 2020 or 2021.    We bet big on Biscuit and busted. Mack was part of that bet, and honestly isn't doing anything useful for us in yet another rebuild.

This might be an overreaction after a bad loss but it actually might be in the team's best interest but I doubt it ever happens as long as Ryan Pace is GM.

Also, whoever would trade for Mack would have to take on at least $15M more in guaranteed money and $45M in dead cap space.  That's a lot of commitment in addition to giving up a high pick.  

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

They will never be bad enough to get Fields or Lawrence.

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

You cannot trade Mack. Literally you cannot because of the salary cap. We would have to cut half the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Trading is allowed

How about they just draft a QB at some point every year and see if they can get lucky and find someone good?

This trading up business hasn't worked out for this team and only sets them back further down the road.

I presume that the cost to trade up for either of those 2 guys would be enormous and there's no guarantee they even pan out.

• Like 2