QB Prospects you like

WindyCity

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

This trading up business hasn't worked out for this team and only sets them back further down the road.

That's a short sighted oversimplification. I'm not suggesting that they have to trade up, but to say it isn't an option because it hasn't worked in the past is flat-out ridiculous. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

That's a short sighted oversimplification. I'm not suggesting that they have to trade up, but to say it isn't an option because it hasn't worked in the past is flat-out ridiculous. 

Well I'm only saying it because they have done it a lot recently and eventually it will catch up to them when they aren't able to acquire cheap talent via multiple draft picks.

Edited by topwop1

16 hours ago, topwop1 said:

This might be an overreaction after a bad loss but it actually might be in the team's best interest but I doubt it ever happens as long as Ryan Pace is GM.

Also, whoever would trade for Mack would have to take on at least $15M more in guaranteed money and $45M in dead cap space.  That's a lot of commitment in addition to giving up a high pick.  

If it would be possible to move him and get compensated I would be fine with this, however what team is going to both give up picks and take that payroll?

Would be sad, helpful, but so so unlikely

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

If it would be possible to move him and get compensated I would be fine with this, however what team is going to both give up picks and take that payroll?

Would be sad, helpful, but so so unlikely

What really bugs me is Bears gave all that up for Mack and then you look at a team like the Packers who signed Za'Darius Smith off the street and the guy is outperforming Mack this year.

Don't get me wrong, Mack is still one of the best pass rushers and all around defenders in the NFL, but was the value really that good considering what they gave up/paid for him?

Not going to lie, I expected more from the guy this season.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

What really bugs me is Bears gave all that up for Mack and then you look at a team like the Packers who signed Za'Darius Smith off the street and the guy is outperforming Mack this year.

Don't get me wrong, Mack is still one of the best pass rushers and all around defenders in the NFL, but was the value really that good considering what they gave up/paid for him?

They didn't really pick him up "off the street." They gave him $60 million.

We all expect more from Mack. Look at how phenomenal he was last year. Smith would be in the same situation as Mack if there were a ton of injuries to GB last season.

Yes, Mack was absolutely worth it. They traded draft picks for a Hall of Famer.

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

He did not improve their defense to the level Mack did for ours. We were ranked 11 or 15th before Mack and he took us to one of the most elite defenses in the last five years. Smith is still having a monster year.

Vikings Oline/Cousins is a feast for DEs. I expect Mack and company to sack Cousins a couple times as well next week.

28 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I've come to expect absolutely nothing from Mack any given week.

As that's what he usually gives us...

This again? Anytime you can spam a thread regarding QB prospects with hot takes about a pass rusher, you go for it. 

He had a sack and like 5 pressures against the Chiefs. If he did that weekly he would go down as the greatest football player of all time.

It would also be nice if Nichols didn't regress, Floyd wasn't useless as hell rushing the passer, Irving and Lynch were better than you and I, Goldman wasn't playing at 50% health and RRH didn't play the final 8 games like the overrated sack of **** that he has proven to be.

Mack had 4 games last year where he had no sacks, but no one cared because these other "late round steals & young stars" were playing well.

Mack's the best player on the team, but perhaps Hicks is the most important.

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

On 12/23/2019 at 9:11 PM, topwop1 said:

Well I'm only saying it because they have done it a lot recently and eventually it will catch up to them when they aren't able to acquire cheap talent via multiple draft picks.

I don't think they can go all out and get the first pick from the Bengals, or anything like that. But they could fairly easily trade up into the lower half of the first round if they feel the need to.

5 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

This again? Anytime you can spam a thread regarding QB prospects with hot takes about a pass rusher, you go for it. 

Huh? 

12 hours ago, topwop1 said:

They gave up draft picks. Didn't Ryan Pace draft Mitch Trubisky at #3 and Kevin White at #7. He also took Adam Shaheen in the 2nd round. So draft picks are only valuable if you make the right picks.

The numbers say that the Bears defense was better then the Packer defense  with a lot more injuries.

• Like 1