QB Prospects you like

WindyCity

32 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I don't think they can go all out and get the first pick from the Bengals, or anything like that. But they could fairly easily trade up into the lower half of the first round if they feel the need to.

Huh? 

You're constantly bashing Mack and now you've done so in a thread about QB's. Take it somewhere else

• Like 1

Back to the topic I like James Morgan out of FIU besides the obvious top guys.  He's a strong armed mobile guy who could develop into a decent starting quarterback.  Watched his bowl game with Arkansas St. He played well, but kind of flamed out in the final minutes.  Morgan still showed enough tools to transfer to the NFL.

On 12/23/2019 at 4:59 PM, Madmike90 said:

Anthony Gordon would be the perfect mid round gunslinger prospect if you want to give the guy a year to develop...

Other than that give me Hurts early...we badly need a spark on offence and he can provide it.

With you 100% Mike, Eason and Fromm just do nothing for me. Hurts has that playmaker gene to him, sign Hooper in FA to pair with Robinson/Miller and now you have an extremely formidable top 3 options. Go OL with the other 2nd 

1 hour ago, pigsooie5 said:

With you 100% Mike, Eason and Fromm just do nothing for me. Hurts has that playmaker gene to him, sign Hooper in FA to pair with Robinson/Miller and now you have an extremely formidable top 3 options. Go OL with the other 2nd 

Hurst also played for some big time programs and under pressure. I would like to roll the dice with him. Fromm has no upside, he’s destined to be an average starter.

6 hours ago, Nads786 said:

Hurst also played for some big time programs and under pressure. I would like to roll the dice with him. Fromm has no upside, he’s destined to be an average starter.

Not etched in stone, that. But I still don't want the Bears to take him...

15 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I was following what other posters laid out. Get it together, dude. 

Although his comment mentioned Mack, the general basis of his post was that the Vikings' OL sucks, and you took that to rip Mack 3 days after a really good performance. Senseless, really.

So maybe you can get it together.

Happy Holidays.

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Although his comment mentioned Mack, the general basis of his post was that the Vikings' OL sucks, and you took that to rip Mack 3 days after a really good performance. Senseless, really.

So maybe you can get it together.

Happy Holidays.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

I'm only interested in trading up if we are using a player and our 2nd to get into the late first. If Tua gets to 20 I can make an exception too.

2nd rounders may be able to start over Tru next year, 4th will compete but are likely long-term back ups (which I'm fin e with developing in a system). Last chance players are guys that can develop into reserves and this season are likely only going to help the team as practice squad QBs.

In the 2nd I'd be happy with -

Eason - ton of potential and arm talent, not worth a 1st due to inexperience and lack of development

Hurts - athletic kid that is progressing and can hit open receivers, can use his legs to supplement his growth as a passer

In the 4th I like -

Newman - solid size, arm and athleticism. Can run and pass but I doubt he is near a polished player

Love - will be gone before unless his recent charge really bites him. Hell of a physical specimen but has the Good Rex/Bad Rex thing going. Forces plays like Rex did and makes amazingly dumb plays at times. Likely will be gone in the 2nd-3rd anyway

Gordon - quick release, accurate, and makes a lot of safe throws. Stats are inflated due to YAC and great execution on things like screens and other 1 read plays. Has disgustingly bad feet and his arm strength isn't special, didn't have to consistently throw vs tight coverage like he will in the NFL.

Last chance picks I could go for

McDonald - much better arm than most realize. Gets rid of the ball fast too, and can hit any level. Solid athlete too. Can't read defenses though and gets baited. Poor man's Cutler basically.

Mond -  pretty good talent and able to make some great plays with his arm and legs. But he is so damn inconsistent I get the Good Rex/Bad Rex vibe again. Play style reminds me of Manziel (not really a compliment), thankfully he doesn't seem like such a scumbag though.

Tate -  highly underrated by some IMO and my top in this group, I'd go in on the 5th for him. Poor man's Russell Wilson, he is super athletic, good arm talent, strong enough arm to make throws but will need to rely on touch and anticipation more than strength, but IDK if he can step into a system. Has so many plays off the cuff out of necessity he will be pretty far behind the curve. Also a slight build so he won't be able to take the punishment if he doesn't get down.

Ehlinger - Tebow - Jesus = Ehlinger.

That being said if 2020 flops and Nagy/Pace are fired I am not against using our first on a QB even if we used a 2nd this year on one. Draft position doesn't entitle anyone to start anymore.

9 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I'm only interested in trading up if we are using a player and our 2nd to get into the late first. If Tua gets to 20 I can make an exception too.

2nd rounders may be able to start over Tru next year, 4th will compete but are likely long-term back ups (which I'm fin e with developing in a system). Last chance players are guys that can develop into reserves and this season are likely only going to help the team as practice squad QBs.

After a string of good to great performances, we just witnessed another mental breakdown by Trubisky. In prime time. 

I'm not really sure you can put any sort of conditions on trading up anymore. And I was (am?) a Mitch defender. And at this point--yeah, 2nd rounders could start over him next year. Well, depending who they are, of course. But as to what you posted--Floyd has to be dangled at every opportunity. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I love the Hurts mental make up.

I don’t think they are going to go with someone who is that raw as a passer and playing from the pocket.

Hurts would require a pretty big offensive shift.

If the first look (Lamb) isn't open he immediately tucks it and runs. Sound familiar? Pass.

Edited by beardown3231