Week 17: Chargers at Arrowhead

onejayhawk

11 hours ago, Kirill said:

LeSean McCoy is underrated imo. He's easily been our best back this season. 4.6 YPC is all we need out of that position. Glad Andy rested him last week and I hope he's ready to put a stamp on his legacy in the super bowl run this year.

Disagree.. mainly because his 4.6 is misleading and kills us in the 4 minute offense.   We don’t need someone to get 10-12 yard gains to cancel out a bunch of 1-2 yarders.    We need someone who can push the pile when defenses come down to stop the run.   Late in game, McCoy doesn’t really help us.  Just my opinion tho 

McCoy may be our best RB because he is the most experienced pass blocker. He's also an asset as a receiver and has enough explosion left to keep DB honest. All that said, Spencer Ware was a great addition while we had him, also because of his blocking. He's still a rookie, hence work-in-progress, but the DTrain is showing well, now that he is starting to get the the blocking. He does a lot of the same things McCoy does--elude, catch passes--but he's better between the tackles. 

All that said, I would not be averse to spending a day 2 pick on a RB.

FBO rankings are out. The Chiefs jump to #3, passing SF and NO. On the strength of another no-TD-allowed game, the defense moved into the top 10, while offense remained #3 and the ST #7. The Chargers are #19 overall, #18 offense, #12 defense and #30 ST.

On the injury list, only Wylie and Claiborne were limited in Wednesday practice. The Chargers will likely be without OT Russel Okung again. QB Philip Rivers was limited with a thumb injury. 

J

5 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Disagree.. mainly because his 4.6 is misleading and kills us in the 4 minute offense.   We don’t need someone to get 10-12 yard gains to cancel out a bunch of 1-2 yarders.    We need someone who can push the pile when defenses come down to stop the run.   Late in game, McCoy doesn’t really help us.  Just my opinion tho 

I'd honestly like to see us try Anthony Sherman out in that role. I think we tried it a few times last year and it worked almost every time.

19 minutes ago, Kirill said:

I'd honestly like to see us try Anthony Sherman out in that role. I think we tried it a few times last year and it worked almost every time.

If we gave Sherman 5 carries a game, we would likely get 10 yards. Part of that is because he isn't blocking  when he has the rock. If we had Ware as FB, we could do something like that.

On 26.12.2019 at 8:27 PM, Kirill said:

Sorry. Give Sherman the ball on 4th & 1 ... and I'll be with you ... every now and then. Other than that: Nope. He's not even close to being a RB.

Edited by KC_Guy

The final injury report is in. https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/12/27/21039653/chiefs-final-injury-report-vs-chargers-mo-claiborne-wont-play-three-chiefs-questionable

• CB Mo Claiborne won’t play in the game, but it is not injury related. He has been ruled out, as he is excused for non-injury reasons.
  • Utility OL Cam Erving was added to the injury report on Thursday with an illness. LG Andrew Wylie (ankle) was limited all week. Erving, Wylie and DT Xavier Williams (ankle) are officially questionable.
  • RB Spencer Ware (shoulder) is unlisted because he has been placed on injured reserve.
  • Chargers LT Russell Okung (groin) missed practice all week and was the only Charger ruled out. Okung missed last week’s game against the Oakland Raiders.

J

Chiefs Inactives:

QB Chad Henne
CB Morris Claiborne
CB Alex Brown
OL Jackson Barton
OL Andrew Wylie
TE Deon Yelder
DL Xavier Williams

Fenton and the RB Williams' active. With Wylie out it's Wisniewski time? Or Erving?

Wouldn't mind to have Wisniewski on a tryout at C while Erving takes on LG.

Edited by KC_Guy