Week 16: LVE neck surgery, done for season

WizardHawk

3 hours ago, CAPJ said:

What about tag both Coop and Dak. Trade Dak for 2 firsts and Coop for a 1st and 4th.

Re-sign Byron. 3 first round picks this year and 2 next.

I am such a big Dak fan, but this trade would be a win-win as far as I'm concerned. If we need to blow this up, let Dak shine somewhere else and I bet he will shine, but not in the current situation with these Cowboys under Jerry Jones baring a really really good hire add head coach. But that alone seems like a long shot since Jerry never seems to hire a good head coach anymore. Not  since his original hire of Jimmy Johnson

Edited by resilient part 2

But at this time I also do believe Amari Cooper and that Prescott have much less leverage than they did in the first half of the season, so maybe both can be signed at a much more reasonable contracts, whatever that may be

And I'm definitely down with given the franchise tag and or whatever for both of them. Let them prove themselves under whatever new head coach comes

Edited by resilient part 2

33 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I am such a big Dak fan, but this trade would be a win-win as far as I'm concerned. If we need to blow this up, let Dak shine somewhere else and I bet he will shine, but not in the current situation with these Cowboys under Jerry Jones baring a really really good hire add head coach. But that alone seems like a long shot since Jerry never seems to hire a good head coach anymore. Not  since his original hire of Jimmy Johnson

I'm on the fence about Dak. 

I think he made major improvements this year and I still think he could do better under a new coaching staff.

However I still think he has a low ceiling and will always struggle with consistent ball placement.

I rather not pay him $35 million a year. If we could get two 1sts for him i think that's a win.

2 hours ago, CAPJ said:

It's far fetched for sure. But I could see a coach coming in that wants his own QB. 

In what world? A new coach doesn’t just drop out of the sky. We hire them. If Jerry is dumb enough to hire the guy that tells him he’d rather wade into the fraught waters of searching for a new franchise QB, rather than working with the 5,000 yard passer already in house, we all might as well just give up hope forever.

5 hours ago, CAPJ said:

I'm on the fence about Dak. 

I think he made major improvements this year and I still think he could do better under a new coaching staff.

However I still think he has a low ceiling and will always struggle with consistent ball placement.

I rather not pay him $35 million a year. If we could get two 1sts for him i think that's a win.

I strongly disagree with your sentiment about Dak Prescott having a low ceiling. I also don't see why everyone says struggles with in accuracy. That is with all quarterbacks. Dak is definitely above average with accuracy as far as I'm concerned and I do believe the statistics back me up on that. It's like nobody watches any other football game and watch how any other quarterback throws high or low or Too Deep or Too Short. Just Dak Prescott

8 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I strongly disagree with your sentiment about Dak Prescott having a low ceiling. I also don't see why everyone says struggles with in accuracy. That is with all quarterbacks. Dak is definitely above average with accuracy as far as I'm concerned and I do believe the statistics back me up on that. It's like nobody watches any other football game and watch how any other quarterback throws high or low or Too Deep or Too Short. Just Dak Prescott

When you think of the 5 to 10 most accurate passes in the league today and I'm speaking to eye ball test, not completion percentage, is Dak there?

On 12/24/2019 at 10:17 PM, CAPJ said:

When you think of the 5 to 10 most accurate passes in the league today and I'm speaking to eye ball test, not completion percentage, is Dak there?

Next Gen Stats had him with 5 of the 10 best throws of the week by any QB in our Week 10 loss to Minnesota (in terms of expected completion percentage). He was dropping dimes all over the place in Week 1. He’s made more great throws this year than any of his prior ones and more than most QBs in the league in 2019.

When he has played poorly this year, his accuracy has been scattershot at best, especially the last two losses at Chicago and Philly, so it definitely begs the question if it’ll always be the glaring flaw that inhibits his championship-level QB. But it is something he has improved and can continue to, to a point.

He’s a good QB and anyone still disputing that may never be dissuaded. How good exactly, I think is still unclear. Subtracting the QB position, we have more allocated to our cap on offense than any team in football and that simply will not be the case every year going should he get the money he’s asking for.

Dak had his best year statistically, but his ostensible greatest strengths (leadership and health) have to be called into question now, as the team failed this year chemistry-wise and he couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn in our biggest game because of his shoulder. I fear we only got further apart in negotiations with him this year.