Jump to content
Malfatron

MNF: Packers at Vikings

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Pugger said:

Not having Cook tonight didn't help but your O line had no answers for our pass rush.  Cook most likely will be back for the post season but if your line plays like this it won't matter who your RB is.

I think the bigger story is not Cook and Mattison being out, since as you say short of "peak Barry Sanders" there's not a lot an RB can do if their OL is consistently losing 5 on 4.  But instead that if the game were an elimination game, Kendricks and Barr might have stayed in the game despite being dinged up.  Minnesota knew that their hopes of not getting the 6 seed ultimately depended on Green Bay losing to Detroit in Week 17, and no NFL team with something to play for is going to risk further injury to key players on the hopes of a 3-11-1 team winning in week 17.  I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Detroit secure the rights to draft Chase Young if they lose next week?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

No, Lazard’s TD catch where his knee was down at the 1.

Gotcha. Pretty sure they said he didn't have possession until he crossed the goal line, but I won't argue it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Pugger said:

Ah, I wondered if I was the only gal who posts here regularly.  :)

I think you are a very different type of gal than Rammy is.  xD

On another note, props to you for believing in your team's ability to win this game.  I was 99.9% sure this was going to be an easy win for the Vikings. 

Merry Christmas too, by the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

No, Lazard’s TD catch where his knee was down at the 1.

The ball was moving and he secured possession/completed process of the catch in the end zone. The rest of the stuff....yeah, GB got bailed out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I think you are a very different type of gal than Rammy is.  xD

On another note, props to you for believing in your team's ability to win this game.  I was 99.9% sure this was going to be an easy win for the Vikings. 

Merry Christmas too, by the way.

Should of been an easy win.....Cousins played worse than terribad. Whoever does Vikings playcalling needs to be slapped too. 

Vikings D played their butts off and gave the offense multiple chances to put that game away.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

I’ve heard a lot of Danielle Hunter hype all season.. sure didn’t see much of him last night. 

He was a monster to reckon with against the Chargers and Lions.

Ya know, Green Bay has a very good OL though and Rodgers was getting rid of the ball in about 1 second time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

I’ve heard a lot of Danielle Hunter hype all season.. sure didn’t see much of him last night. 

Really? Im Surprised, he was all over the place. PFF talked about how he was an absolute handful for the Packers' offensive line,, as he tallied several pass-rush wins and made some good plays in the run game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me or are the Packers really hurting for a second receiving option alongside Adams? Rodgers doesn’t look like he has a ton of trust in the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

Is it just me or are the Packers really hurting for a second receiving option alongside Adams? Rodgers doesn’t look like he has a ton of trust in the rest.

100% they are. It’s Davante and co. Geronimo was supposed to be that guy but he was never really all that great to begin with and has seen quite a regression this season. MVS was supposed to be our field stretcher and has made some plays here and there, but he’s clearly not on the same page as Rodgers. 2nd year UDFA Allen Lazard is the preferred #2 guy at this point and that should tell you everything you need to know. 
 

its not all on the WRs though. Rodgers has got to be willing to give his guys a chance sometimes in tight coverage, but it’s something we have seen rarely this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

Is it just me or are the Packers really hurting for a second receiving option alongside Adams? Rodgers doesn’t look like he has a ton of trust in the rest.

That's why the trade for Manny was such a big deal. It didn't just improve the niners, but also kept the saints and Packers from getting him as well, both of whom have wr2 problems

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's why the trade for Manny was such a big deal. It didn't just improve the niners, but also kept the saints and Packers from getting him as well, both of whom have wr2 problems

Don't want to hear about WR problems least of all #2's struggles, when your #1 is Greg Ward former WCat QB and his career 22 Receptions. Just saying, thanks!

Eagles will gladly take MVS and Geronimo if you'd (Packer Fans) like to swap newly acquired PS WR's Deontay Burnett  and Robert Davis?

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
On 12/24/2019 at 11:52 AM, PossibleCabbage said:

I think the bigger story is not Cook and Mattison being out, since as you say short of "peak Barry Sanders" there's not a lot an RB can do if their OL is consistently losing 5 on 4.  But instead that if the game were an elimination game, Kendricks and Barr might have stayed in the game despite being dinged up.  Minnesota knew that their hopes of not getting the 6 seed ultimately depended on Green Bay losing to Detroit in Week 17, and no NFL team with something to play for is going to risk further injury to key players on the hopes of a 3-11-1 team winning in week 17.  I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Detroit secure the rights to draft Chase Young if they lose next week?

I never thought of that, but you make an excellent point there.  Why would Detroit want to kill themselves to get a meaningless win just to miss out on a player like that?  They should have absolutely zero motivation to win this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2019 at 7:34 PM, Cheesehawk said:

I’ve heard a lot of Danielle Hunter hype all season.. sure didn’t see much of him last night. 

The Packers had a good game plan to take him out of the equation.  Rodgers spent most of the night throwing short, quick passes that gave Hunter no chance to get to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

Is it just me or are the Packers really hurting for a second receiving option alongside Adams? Rodgers doesn’t look like he has a ton of trust in the rest.

Bingo!  The key to beating the Packers is to just double Adams and dare the Packers beat you with their running game or dare Rodgers to throw to receivers he doesn't like to throw to.  That's what Belichick would do, I'm convinced of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...