2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

7 hours ago, ravens5520 said:

Thought the best solution was keeping Stafford one more year & selecting a QB. I believe Tua & Herbert easily need a year to sit behind a vet. Especially with Detroit who just gutted all their weapons 🤷🏼‍♂️

I would argue that my weapons have actually improved this offseason. A combination of N’Keal Harry, Evan Engram, and Melvin Gordon is better than Kenny Golladay. Golladay is a great player, but Engram and Gordon are both very good players and Harry has the potential to be every bit as good as Golladay in two years. 

8 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Yeah I just wouldnt personally have taken that cap hit but then again I took a lot of them but getting rid of 75% of my roster

It was a big cap hit but it was worth it. Stafford may be my favorite Lion ever, but it was time. I was offered a top 15 pass rusher and the 20th pick in the draft for a QB with substantial back injuries each of the last two years. Hopefully Stafford is able to get a ring this way in the handful of years he has left. I also think it’s presumptuous to assume I am taking a QB at 4. I believe there are roughly 6 elite talents in this draft (I’m not saying how many are QBs). I was offered the chance to take one for a LT I’m not particularly fond of and I received a 3rd 2021 1st out of it. It was a deal of opportunity, not a deal targeting a specific player. 

11 minutes ago, winitall said:

I would argue that my weapons have actually improved this offseason. A combination of N’Keal Harry, Evan Engram, and Melvin Gordon is better than Kenny Golladay. Golladay is a great player, but Engram and Gordon are both very good players and Harry has the potential to be every bit as good as Golladay in two years. 

3 worse players not greater than one better player. 

If you missed out on a CB, Vernon Hargreaves is available.

The nice bonus is that if you trade for him... then you could extend him to reduce his cap hit for 2020!

Texans are set at CB 

LCB Bradley Roby

RCB Garen Conley / Jamel Dean

Nickel CB (& TEs) Lonnie Johnson, Jr.

Special Teamer Keion Crossen

Lots of athleticism, size, and long speed (TWSS) in our top 4 CBs --> allows them to better defend the boundary.

8 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

3 worse players not greater than one better player. 

Melvin Gordon is a better football player than Kenny Golladay. Edit: I’ll double down on this. Evan Engram, when healthy, is as good as Kenny Golladay. 

Edited by winitall

5 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

If you missed out on a CB, Vernon Hargreaves is available.

The nice bonus is that if you trade for him... then you could extend him to reduce his cap hit for 2020!

Texans are set at CB 

LCB Bradley Roby

RCB Garen Conley / Jamel Dean

Nickel CB (& TEs) Lonnie Johnson, Jr.

Special Teamer Keion Crossen

Lots of athleticism, size, and long speed (TWSS) in our top 4 CBs --> allows them to better defend the boundary.

Whoops 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I think it's funny that teams are trying to trade guys like Taco Charlton and Vernon Hargreaves who were on the waiver wire this past season. Let's just say they haven't turned it around yet.

Hargreaves played ok for Texans... it is his salary # that is a problem.

Also, he made some baller players this past season - incl. that tackle of Christian McCaffery to win the game for Bucs over Panthers.

Edited by jch1911

IMPORTANT READ

Would you guys be cool if I changed the deadline dates for rounds 4 thru 7 from 3 day between each round to 2 days?

Current Schedule

Round 4 Free Agency Bidding (30% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created - Wed, Feb. 19th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results - Wed, Feb. 19th @ 10pm

Round 5 Free Agency Bidding (40% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Sat, Feb. 22nd @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results – Sat, Feb. 22nd @ 10pm

Round 6 Free Agency Bidding (50% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Tues, Feb. 25th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results – Tues, Feb. 25th @ 10pm

Round 7 Free Agency Bidding (60% APY decrease)

• Reserve Bid Trigger requirement is removed

• Deadline to have contracts created – Fri, Feb. 28th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results – Fri, Feb. 28th @ 10pm

6 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Arizona CardinalsARI@LuckyNumber11 Atlanta FalconsATL @EaglesPeteC  Baltimore RavensBAL@ravens5520 Buffalo BillsBUF @squire12 Carolina PanthersCAR@PR Chicago BearsCHI @BowserBroncos  Cincinnati BengalsCIN@sparky151 Cleveland BrownsCLE@cortes02 Dallas CowboysDAL@D82 Denver BroncosDEN@BowserBroncos@FRock24Detroit LionsDET@winitall Green Bay PackersGB@squire12 Houston TexansHOU@jch1911 Indianapolis ColtsIND@Counselor Jacksonville JaguarsJAC@Trojan Kansas City ChiefsKC@samsel23@TedLavieLos Angeles ChargersLAC@wwhickok Los Angeles RamsLAR@jrry32@yoinesh123Miami DolphinsMIA@mountainpd Minnesota VikingsMIN@MikeT14 New Orleans SaintsNO@whodatOL New England PatriotsNE@Deadpulse New York GiantsNYG@YogiBiz@ny92mikeNew York JetsNYJ@KingOfTheDot Las Vegas RaidersLVR@DTMW78 Philadelphia EaglesPHI@EaglesPeteC Pittsburgh SteelersPIT@Cbrunn San Francisco 49ersSF@Justone2 Seattle SeahawksSEA@Juan7637 Tampa Bay BuccaneersTB @whodatOLTennessee TitansTEN@bcb1213 Washington RedskinsWAS@mike23md

• Like 2