2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

FEEDBACK DISCUSSION

Feedback Form

Feedback Results

Still early but from looking at what few that I've received so far;  the biggest is the struggle with the private team roster workbook.  Will definitely figure out an easier solution to maintaining your own roster.  Whether it be we just use the official team rosters or automate the process a bit more to make adding players to your roster easier.

Another suggestion is to vote "on each round of Free Agency, ie, best Signings, Best Value signing, Surprise signing."  I think this would be cool but early on I just didn't have the time, perhaps something someone would be willing to do in the future.

Pertaining to the targeted by another team flag is to have a list of players rather than the checkbox....Thoughts?

@TedLavie and I were talking about the contract lengths being too high for a lot of these players.  As most young talent wouldn't be signing 5 year deals for average pay.  I think we've got something that will resolve this, just waiting to hear back from him.

Any other thoughts or suggestions please mention it.

Arizona CardinalsARI@LuckyNumber11 Atlanta FalconsATL @EaglesPeteC  Baltimore RavensBAL@ravens5520 Buffalo BillsBUF @squire12 Carolina PanthersCAR@PR Chicago BearsCHI @BowserBroncos  Cincinnati BengalsCIN@sparky151 Cleveland BrownsCLE@cortes02 Dallas CowboysDAL@D82 Denver BroncosDEN@BowserBroncos@FRock24Detroit LionsDET@winitall Green Bay PackersGB@squire12 Houston TexansHOU@jch1911 Indianapolis ColtsIND@Counselor Jacksonville JaguarsJAC@Trojan Kansas City ChiefsKC@samsel23@TedLavieLos Angeles ChargersLAC@wwhickok Los Angeles RamsLAR@jrry32@yoinesh123Miami DolphinsMIA@mountainpd Minnesota VikingsMIN@MikeT14 New Orleans SaintsNO@whodatOL New England PatriotsNE@Deadpulse New York GiantsNYG@YogiBiz@ny92mikeNew York JetsNYJ@KingOfTheDot Las Vegas RaidersLVR@DTMW78 Philadelphia EaglesPHI@EaglesPeteC Pittsburgh SteelersPIT@Cbrunn San Francisco 49ersSF@Justone2 Seattle SeahawksSEA@Juan7637 Tampa Bay BuccaneersTB @whodatOLTennessee TitansTEN@bcb1213 Washington RedskinsWAS@mike23md

Edited by ny92mike

6 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Watched a great movie yesterday.

Netflix also has a documentary about Carroll Shelby that fits right along with this movie, that's called "Shelby American". 

Recommend watching both.

It's on my to watchlist.

The last movie that I've watched was Parasite. Really good movie.

So this last round was mainly a depth building round. Since Brett Hundley was already signed elsewhere, I went ahead and brought in Geno Smith. Kyler's back up needs to be an athletic type QB, Geno has the ability to scramble and is probably a better fit for the air raid than most other offenses in the NFL right now. I know he's not good if I'd have to trot him out there for more than like 3 games, but that's also how most NFL backups are so whatever. 

Brought back Brooks Reed, he's solid to put in a platoon with Bruce Irvin. Brooks is a little better on rushing downs, where Bruce is the pass rusher. I don't know, not much to say about that one

Then we also brought back Charles Clay. Down the stretch, Kliff really started to see the value in tight ends. We were using the position rather frequently. While Maxx Williams was our main tight end. Clay got a decent amount of time as well. Maxx and Charles are a solid duo for two tight end sets as well, and Dan Arnold looked to be a solid project at the end of last year at that position. So we're glad to retain that whole room for next season. 

We lost out on Damiere Byrd. Byrd was a target that Kyler grew to like when he was healthy last year, but this isn't the worst loss in the world. Hakeem Butler returns from injury and hopefully Andy Isabella or Keesean Johnson can take the next step towards being a reliable target that Kyler needs. 

• Like 1

Dolphins Free agency (so far)

Round 1 Signed

Shaq Barrett - Edge

Connor McGovern - C/G                          

Missed out on D.J. Humphries - LT

Round 2 Signed

Jordan Howard - RB

Missed out on Ha Ha Clinton Dix - S and Bradley Roby

Round 3 Signed

Jimmy Ward - DB

Missed out on Jacob Hollister and Philip Dorsett

Round 4 Signed

Andrew Billings - NT

D.J. Hayden - CB

Corey Coleman - WR

Matt Haack - P

Round 1, 

Disappointed to miss out on Humphries as I thought he was the best young tackle available, I did low ball my offer hoping that his APY requirement would put others off his true value. I would expect him to sign a similar deal to what he did in this irl. My alternate bid to Humphries was Judon who was signed as a huge bargain price.

I managed to secure my number 1 target in Barrett, whilst I appreciate he has not produced over many seasons I see no reason why he cannot continue with big sack numbers going forward and one of the premium young pass rushers who has been signed in his prime.

McGovern I maintain was one of the bargains in the whole of free agency. He has the ability to play both Guard and centre and although my plans would be for him to be starting centre he gives flexibility for remainder of free agency and draft.

Round 2

Not a successful round missing out on two targets, Clinton Dix was a popular player in the market and would have been a huge upgrade. Whilst I really like Roby as a player and would have been nice nickel for me.

My one success in the round was signing Jordan Howard he is young and I feel he has plenty left in the tank. Alternatives were all quite a bit older and I didn’t want to go into draft with current crop of running backs and having to draft someone. I am still looking for a second RB to compliment him.

Round 3

I looked at Hollister in the round prior and thought it could wait and then outbid. He would again fit the profile of young players I was looking for and would have been a nice back up for Gesicki. He is probably the biggest regret so far as I know I would have got him for cheap a round earlier. I also missed out on Dorsett with a late bid who I looked at to boost my wide receiver group.

I did manage to snag Jimmy Ward who is a big upgrade, It was a coin flip between him and Dix the round before, I went for Dix because of age and durability but chuffed to get Ward.

Round 4 

4/4 on the round, maybe others have run out of cap space but pleased with acquisitions, I signed to cornerback Hayden found my nose tackle in Billings and brought back Haack as punter, I also signed Coleman as a cheap kick the tyres type. Billings is a young run stuffer who will allow Chris Jones and other lineman to attack. Hayden was a bit of a luxury signing, I traded away Howard to regain some of the draft capital I had given up and having Hayden, Gilmore and Needham have a good starting unit. 

I have managed to sign mainly young players and not backloaded the contracts massively. I have also giving myself limited holes going into draft and given myself an opportunity to regain some mid to low draft picks through additional trades as I have players who are now expendable.