2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Those that aren't interested I apologize for continuing to tag you guys.

I've had some of you guys offer to help out with various things and my great organizational skills have lost track of so if you could message me asap.  I'm looking to get things moving today with posting discussion thread, sign up thread and sub forum war room threads and could use the help with finalizing the last little bits before going public.

Thanks.

Arizona CardinalsARI@LuckyNumber11 Atlanta FalconsATL @EaglesPeteC  Baltimore RavensBAL@ravens5520 Buffalo BillsBUF @squire12 Carolina PanthersCAR@PR Chicago BearsCHI @BowserBroncos  Cincinnati BengalsCIN@sparky151 Cleveland BrownsCLE@cortes02 Dallas CowboysDAL@D82 Denver BroncosDEN@BowserBroncos@FRock24Detroit LionsDET@winitall Green Bay PackersGB@squire12 Houston TexansHOU@jch1911 Indianapolis ColtsIND@Counselor Jacksonville JaguarsJAC@Trojan Kansas City ChiefsKC@samsel23@TedLavieLos Angeles ChargersLAC@wwhickok Los Angeles RamsLAR@jrry32@yoinesh123Miami DolphinsMIA@mountainpd Minnesota VikingsMIN@MikeT14 New Orleans SaintsNO@whodatOL New England PatriotsNE@Deadpulse New York GiantsNYG@ny92mike @rackcsNew York JetsNYJ@KingOfTheDot Las Vegas RaidersLVR@DTMW78 Philadelphia EaglesPHI@EaglesPeteC Pittsburgh SteelersPIT@Cbrunn San Francisco 49ersSF@Justone2 Seattle SeahawksSEA@Juan7637 Tampa Bay BuccaneersTB @whodatOLTennessee TitansTEN@bcb1213 Washington RedskinsWAS @mike23md

I will be about to help

Arizona CardinalsARI@LuckyNumber11 Atlanta FalconsATL @EaglesPeteC  Baltimore RavensBAL@ravens5520 Buffalo BillsBUF @squire12 Carolina PanthersCAR@PR Chicago BearsCHI @BowserBroncos  Cincinnati BengalsCIN@sparky151 Cleveland BrownsCLE@cortes02 Dallas CowboysDAL@D82 Denver BroncosDEN@BowserBroncos@FRock24Detroit LionsDET@winitall Green Bay PackersGB@squire12 Houston TexansHOU@jch1911 Indianapolis ColtsIND@Counselor Jacksonville JaguarsJAC@Trojan Kansas City ChiefsKC@samsel23@TedLavieLos Angeles ChargersLAC@wwhickok Los Angeles RamsLAR@jrry32@yoinesh123Miami DolphinsMIA@mountainpd Minnesota VikingsMIN@MikeT14 New Orleans SaintsNO@whodatOL New England PatriotsNE@Deadpulse New York GiantsNYG@ny92mike @rackcsNew York JetsNYJ@KingOfTheDot Las Vegas RaidersLVR@DTMW78 Philadelphia EaglesPHI@EaglesPeteC Pittsburgh SteelersPIT@Cbrunn San Francisco 49ersSF@Justone2 Seattle SeahawksSEA@Juan7637 Tampa Bay BuccaneersTB @whodatOLTennessee TitansTEN@bcb1213 Washington RedskinsWAS @mike23md

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Asking again if you guys would be interested in joining and/or helping with a keeper/sim league.  Still a ton of work to do with this project and I could certainly benefit from assistance in getting it built.

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Asking again if you guys would be interested in joining and/or helping with a keeper/sim league.  Still a ton of work to do with this project and I could certainly benefit from assistance in getting it built.

Not sure how much help I can give in the set up but I'd join

Topics that would be awesome if I could get some suggestions on.

Depth Chart Design

One of the major issues in creating this is how to generate a depth chart.  Seems simple and maybe it is I'm just not seeing a simple solution.  The current set up to generate scores is based on the total number of stats for said position.  For example, if you have 4 running backs on your roster it's calculating the sum of all four of their stats to generate the positional grade.  Which I think would be fine if there were 32 teams but with fewer teams you could have 2 or more exceptional running backs on the roster skewing the overall stats for that position.  Meaning one team could have a RB group producing 300 yards per game.  So I think a depth chart is needed just trying to figure out the best way to create it.

The depth chart, imo needs to reflect the scheme.  So using base schemes for both offense and defense (perhaps stealing scheme names from madden) and based on those schemes would determine the number of players required for each position.  

For example a vertical offense would need 3 starting receivers where a power run offense might require 2 backs and either an additional TE or a FB.  From there we could include play percentages for those positions.

QB Cooper Rush Alex Tanney Colt McCoy Daniel Jones      
100.00%       100.00%      
RB Elijhaa Penny Saquon Barkley Dion Lewis Wayne Gallman      
100.00%   80.00% 10.00% 10.00%      
TE Eric Tomlinson Garrett Dickerson Levine Toilolo Kaden Smith Evan Engram    
100.00%       30.00% 70.00%    
WR Johnny Holton Alex Bachman Darius Slayton Sterling Shepard Corey Coleman Golden Tate C.J. Board
100.00% 0.00% 0.00% 35.00% 30.00% 0.00% 35.00% 0.00%

Defense would be set up in similar fashion.

Or this.

Based on the scheme you select the formulas take for example if the offensive scheme requires 3 receivers, it takes the top 3 receiving stats for that week of stats regardless of the depth chart.  

Is there one system that you think would work better than the other or have another suggestion?