2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

1 minute ago, winitall said:

OTC is already including their current amount of carryover into their 2020 cap situation. You can tell this by looking at the formulas above the cap space that defines the Team Salary Cap=(Base Salary Cap) + (Carryover) +/- (Adjustments). The OTC 2020 cap space projections are assuming that they are rolling over everything left in 2019. 

Right.  I could remove the 11 million on the tcmd rosters and it would show a lot less.  Those cap figures showing in there aren't fixed numbers but calculated formulas that include the rollover and dead money.

@ny92mike I think I found a glinch in the restructures and extentions. Not the same thing that I asked you before in the DM.

When I try to do a restructed contract, instead of the new cap space going up the amount saved. the cap goes down the number of the new player cap hit. exemple:

Broncos have $52,013,436, if I do the restruture for Von Miller, the cap goes to $37,753,436, instead of going to $ 57,743,436 considering the Restructure Allotment

1 minute ago, BowserBroncos said:

@ny92mike I think I found a glinch in the restructures and extentions. Not the same thing that I asked you before in the DM.

When I try to do a restructed contract, instead of the new cap space going up the amount saved. the cap goes down the number of the new player cap hit. exemple:

Broncos have $52,013,436, if I do the restruture for Von Miller, the cap goes to $37,753,436, instead of going to $ 57,743,436 considering the Restructure Allotment

I'll check it out....give me a few minutes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Yes, it's on the 2019 tab of the OTC cap space page.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

I've seen those numbers, the issue I have with using those is I don't know that they are getting adjusted.  They pull the 2019 team rosters from view weeks ago, which is why I've never used it as a source for carry over.

If you think we should, we can take the debate to the board to get a final ruling on it.  However, know that the carryover (whatever that number is) is calculated into your team roster workbook already. 

Say the word and I'll get the ball rolling. 

14 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

Yup...error on my part.  Will need to fix this with all the workbooks.  Might be later today before I get it worked out.

I definitely think we should use a single source for cap numbers and that we were using OTC.

What do you mean about not being adjusted? The 16 mil for the Bengals is less than they had at the end of the season before they extended Hopkins. They've also signed a few new players but those were mostly on futures contracts that don't hit the 2019 cap and aren't top 51 anyway.

21 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

Hey man can you test this out and let me know if it looks corrected?

Message me if you could so that we can work this out and then post the fix in the forum.

6 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I definitely think we should use a single source for cap numbers and that we were using OTC.

What do you mean about not being adjusted? The 16 mil for the Bengals is less than they had at the end of the season before they extended Hopkins. They've also signed a few new players but those were mostly on futures contracts that don't hit the 2019 cap and aren't top 51 anyway.

Because the season isn't over and some teams have extended players since they removed the 2019 team rosters.  I'm not talking just Cinny numbers but all of them.  

You were originally talking that like 20 million was missing, all I'm saying is that with these workbooks the carry over is included already.  Right now that is set at 11m the 16m you're asking for isn't going to jump your cap 20 million that's all I'm really trying to say.  

If the board wants to use the otc carry over I'm fine with changing it to those numbers, hell it would give my team another 4 million to play with.  I just think spotrac does a better job of tracking this data, but it's harder to pull roster data from that site which is why I use the two sources to collect data.   

22 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

So the board guys are talking it over.  They'll post their decision at some point.  Just wanted to keep you in the loop.  I'm not involved with it but did tell them it's a five minute fix if they do decide to use OTC.

41 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Because the season isn't over and some teams have extended players since they removed the 2019 team rosters.  I'm not talking just Cinny numbers but all of them.  

You were originally talking that like 20 million was missing, all I'm saying is that with these workbooks the carry over is included already.  Right now that is set at 11m the 16m you're asking for isn't going to jump your cap 20 million that's all I'm really trying to say.  

If the board wants to use the otc carry over I'm fine with changing it to those numbers, hell it would give my team another 4 million to play with.  I just think spotrac does a better job of tracking this data, but it's harder to pull roster data from that site which is why I use the two sources to collect data.   

I think it’s close enough now you have put the fix in

1 hour ago, BowserBroncos said:

Again, get with me when you get a chance, wanna make sure this fixes it before adjusting the other workbooks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

The OTC numbers on the Bengals page add up to a cap of 208,024,287. So with the 16 mil in carryforward, we're still missing a lot of money. I think the explanation is much simpler. The 8 mil doesn't include the carryforward since it hasn't happened yet in real life. The extra 8 mil is from adjustments, ie credits given for players not hitting their incentives. Green was out all year and Dalton missed several starts and had a bad season. So their unearned incentives for 2019 become cap credits for 2020 while their 2020 incentives become NLTBE and aren't in the team's cap number.

The OTC numbers on the Bengals page don’t add up to a cap of 208,024,287. They add up to a cap of 210,933,268. 

49,310,400 (Cap Space) + 158,713,887 (Active Salary) + 2,908,981 (Dead Money) = 210,933,268

That could easily be a few players hitting incentives. Taking a look, it appears most of the players with incentives had to do with being active per game. 

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Again, get with me when you get a chance, wanna make sure this fixes it before adjusting the other workbooks.

I think it worked. I was able to see on my phone the restructures sheet and there is resolved. I need to get home to make a contract on the extension sheet to see if it's resolved there too.