2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

Also, as always I'll be asking for feedback after this mock is finished up.  Really want to focus the feedback on the workbook design.  Feel that they work well but have never been overly happy with the layout and believe that with some constructive criticism they could be that much better.

I'll be getting with some of you guys to help me develop the questionnaire for this project.

9 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I know we can't do trades until the 27th but can we do tags, tenders, restructures, and extensions now?

You can do them in sheets and it calculates right now but;

We’ll have thread once we go live that where it can be posted and one of us will respond when it’s approved.    

• Like 3

So I've talked it over with the other guys helping me run this but feel like maybe we all need to chime in.  With the official start date roughly two weeks out I know you guys are ready to go.  We're looking at allowing trades to be posted, making them official.  However, we've got a couple concerns which is why I figured I'd get all of your thoughts on it before moving forward.

With the start date Feb. 3rd I fear that opening the trade flood gates that some of us would be trading just to have something to do and that it might affect your free agent spending plans.  I know that a lot of you are talking trades, so I'm not really sure if this is a concern or not just stating my concerns.

Second, is the draft order isn't finalized just yet for obvious reasons so trading picks now might not be the same once the season is over.

The other things we could start doing is taking care of some early phase one task:

• Restructure and Extensions
    • Extensions are only allowed on the players currently on your active roster. 
    • IMPORTANT:  The only time I'm allowing you to extend a player that is listed as a free agent is if the irl team extends that contract prior to Feb. 3rd and OTC has those extension amounts updated.
      • We can discuss expanding upon this but I hate the idea of depleting the UFA because I know that most of us would use this to sign the big names.
  • ERFA and RFA tenders
  • Franchise / Transition Tags

GM Mock Draft Schedule

Just understand that starting the mock this early is going to leave us looking for things to do as the first round of FA bidding doesn't start until Sat. Feb. 8th.  The earliest we could accept any of the above transactions is tomorrow.  

I'm getting restless so I imagine most of you guys are too, but regardless whichever date we decide keep in mind that the first round of FA bidding is still 18 days out.

Anyway, let me know what you guys would prefer and we'll make it happen.  Like always, I jump the gun and get this stuff to you guys way early but this is by far the earliest we've done this.

@LuckyNumber11 @BringinDaPain @sparky151 @cortes02 @D82 @BowserBroncos @winitall @squire12 @jch1911 @Counselor @Trojan @samsel23 @jrry32 @mountainpd @whodatOL @Deadpulse @KingOfTheDot @DTMW78 @EaglesPeteC @Cbrunn @Justone2 @bcb1213 @mike23md

@Techbert @Jlash @nayad @PR @FRock24 @TedLavie @MikeT14 @YogiBiz @Juan7637 @rackcs @wwhickok 

• Like 2