2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

10 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Probably right...I've still got to update those as the bonuses that are listed out is from last year I believe.  

If you have last year's cap values per pick, you can just adjust them by the same amount as the cap increased from 2019 to 2020. They are calculated by the league as a % of the unadjusted cap. I think we are using a 200 mil cap for the mock (that's OTC's projection for the league cap in 2020. Spotrac projects 199). So whatever pick 98 (second comp pick at end of round 3) got last year can be upped the same %. 

1 minute ago, sparky151 said:

If you have last year's cap values per pick, you can just adjust them by the same amount as the cap increased from 2019 to 2020. They are calculated by the league as a % of the unadjusted cap. I think we are using a 200 mil cap for the mock (that's OTC's projection for the league cap in 2020. Spotrac projects 199). So whatever pick 98 (second comp pick at end of round 3) got last year can be upped the same %. 

I can't trust those numbers that I've got, can't remember if I updated those weeks ago or didn't.  Some of these sheets are pulled from last year while some I pulled from a few years ago.  

5 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Looking at the amounts I've got in there right now, they appear to be matching what OTC has listed.  I'm thinking I might have already updated this and just forgot.  If you only knew how unorganized I was...haha.

I am for opening up Trades now but people gotta make sure they dont get stupidly chaotic with them.

If you're gonna "blow up your team" then the ideal follow-through is to be active throughout the whole process. Keep the posts neat, make sure you're properly tagging your trade partner, following rules, etc. Whether you open it up now or later I think ppl will trade for the sake of doing so in some instances but I also think itll simmer down and the major wave will be out of the way when everything else kicks off.

@ny92mike

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I don't have a strong preference, but I'd say wait. Your concerns about people trading to trade aren't misplaced. Then again, I guess people have that right lol.

Hold off until the start date. It means there are not holes during the official schedule