2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

Can you please provide a 4 page document on why he is on the block?

I need to trade someone who is good enough to bring in another pick.  

Page 4

• Like 1

Question was brought up about roster and workout bonuses and where they go in trades.  Last year we just dropped them but sadly I haven't really looked for the right answer on that.

Anyone know for certain?

What I know is that base and base gtd go to new team leaving the signing bonus to the old team.

39 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Gonna wing it and say everything carries over to new team except signing bonus.

I think that is correct.   The team has already paid the player the signing bonus.   The other pieces are yet to be paid, so they should transfer to the new team.  That would make sense to me from an accounts payable perspective.....whether that is true or not I do not know.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

Gonna wing it and say everything carries over to new team except signing bonus.

That's generally true. Some roster bonuses are due the first day of the new league year but if trades are done before the first round of free agency, we can treat them as day 1 deals. It takes a while to earn the workout bonus so that definitely goes to the new team.

• Like 2

Perhaps I'm looking at my workbooks incorrectly but when I look at the salary cap for the Cleveland Browns on the personal roster sheet it says that I have a salary cap of $39,274,320 but on the Over The Cap website which I believe we are using ( I could be mistaken) says that the Browns have a salary cap of $50,720,894.  Am I just looking at this incorrectly, can I just not read the workbook right, or was I wrong in thinking we are using the Over The Cap website?

Peace!!!

17 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

Perhaps I'm looking at my workbooks incorrectly but when I look at the salary cap for the Cleveland Browns on the personal roster sheet it says that I have a salary cap of $39,274,320 but on the Over The Cap website which I believe we are using ( I could be mistaken) says that the Browns have a salary cap of $50,720,894.  Am I just looking at this incorrectly, can I just not read the workbook right, or was I wrong in thinking we are using the Over The Cap website?

Peace!!!

Have you put any contracts in your resigning or free agent sheet?