2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

8 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I like the idea of knowing whether or not anyone else is bidding on your free agent target. 

I haven't tested this out with 32 people building contracts at or near the same time so I'm not 100% sure how well it'll work out due to how it's structured but on a small scale it works out pretty well.  Just a short delay from the time you build the contract to it populating the notification (checkbox).  So we shall see. 

5 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Did we change trading on the franchise tag?  Can’t remember if we were able to now,  couple happened in real life last year.  Just wondering 

Yes but only after the tender offer sheet deadline has passed.  I originally had it set up so you could trade these guys after a contract was extended but I need to read up on this.  Because the money is fully guaranteed I need to figure out who gets hit with that cost.  

Alright, so we need to get this worked out asap, so that the team workbooks display the right players that can be released and traded.

For releasing, a player I've opened that up to anyone.  Tagged, traded, signed or the likes can be released and dead money generated from signing bonuses. 

For trading, I'd like to stay somewhat true to the cba Good Faith Negotiation rule, which doesn't apply to every situation here but to prevent us from hoarding players in the free agency with the intent of trading them.  This just creates a loophole for teams with massive cap space to control the free agency, by signing players and putting them on the trade block.

So with that said, 

Players that you are NOT PERMITTED to trade at any time.

• Players that would put your current or following year’s salary cap in the negative
  • Signed Exclusive Rights Free Agents - ERFA
  • Tagged Players (prior to tender offer sheet deadline)
  • Signed Restricted Free Agents
  • Players acquired through tendered offer sheets.
  • Players acquired through free agency - UFA, UDFA, Waiver Wire or PS

This allows teams the ability to trade:

• Traded players
  • Extended or restructured contracts
  • Tagged players only after the tender offer sheet deadline has expired, meaning that you'll carry the players tagged amount on your cap for several days before being able to trade them.
  • Original to the roster at the start of the mock.

Let me know asap as any changes to this would need to be done soon.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Alright, so we need to get this worked out asap, so that the team workbooks display the right players that can be released and traded.

For releasing, a player I've opened that up to anyone.  Tagged, traded, signed or the likes can be released and dead money generated from signing bonuses. 

For trading, I'd like to stay somewhat true to the cba Good Faith Negotiation rule, which doesn't apply to every situation here but to prevent us from hoarding players in the free agency with the intent of trading them.  This just creates a loophole for teams with massive cap space to control the free agency, by signing players and putting them on the trade block.

So with that said, 

Players that you are NOT PERMITTED to trade at any time.

• Players that would put your current or following year’s salary cap in the negative
  • Signed Exclusive Rights Free Agents - ERFA
  • Tagged Players (prior to tender offer sheet deadline)
  • Signed Restricted Free Agents
  • Players acquired through tendered offer sheets.
  • Players acquired through free agency - UFA, UDFA, Waiver Wire or PS

This allows teams the ability to trade:

• Traded players
  • Extended or restructured contracts
  • Tagged players only after the tender offer sheet deadline has expired, meaning that you'll carry the players tagged amount on your cap for several days before being able to trade them.
  • Original to the roster at the start of the mock.

Let me know asap as any changes to this would need to be done soon.

Bumping.

Man that took forever to update the player database again, but it's done.  I'll be posting this information in the league office thread later tonight.

Important information containing the expected APY, Bonus and Contract Length data.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wg5Yg8V1xO2hl5iRIZp9kd7mfSnvOKBrlIPAmBFgH34/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by ny92mike

22 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Bumping.

I think these rules should work. But we'll probably see a lot more tagging with hopes of trading players than happens in real life. Are teams going to be able to drop a tag that's been extended if the player doesn't attract trade interest?

13 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Man that took forever to update the player database again, but it's done.  I'll be posting this information in the league office thread later tonight.

Important information containing the expected APY, Bonus and Contract Length data.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wg5Yg8V1xO2hl5iRIZp9kd7mfSnvOKBrlIPAmBFgH34/edit?usp=sharing

This list seems to be missing players claimed on waivers by teams out of the playoffs. For instance, Green Bay needed a roster spot for their playoff game and cut CB Tony Brown. He was claimed by the Bengals (with several other teams submitting claims as well). The Bengals aren't allowed to add him to their official roster until the offseason begins, the day after the Super Bowl. But the league has awarded him to the Bengals yet he shows in the spreadsheet as a Green Bay player. There are several other players in that situation too. 

4 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I think these rules should work. But we'll probably see a lot more tagging with hopes of trading players than happens in real life. Are teams going to be able to drop a tag that's been extended if the player doesn't attract trade interest?

Yes but the money is fully guaranteed so it would be extremely costly.  And they can't trade until after tender offer sheet so teams carry that tagged amount around for awhile.

3 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

This list seems to be missing players claimed on waivers by teams out of the playoffs. For instance, Green Bay needed a roster spot for their playoff game and cut CB Tony Brown. He was claimed by the Bengals (with several other teams submitting claims as well). The Bengals aren't allowed to add him to their official roster until the offseason begins, the day after the Super Bowl. But the league has awarded him to the Bengals yet he shows in the spreadsheet as a Green Bay player. There are several other players in that situation too. 

I can fix some of this stuff before we start.  Hopefully not too many but I had to get this out of the way early this year.  If you guys can track so of these for me I'll update right before we start.