Greg Williams Defence.

Kiwibrown

Jamie Collins ranked as one of the best pass coverage LBs in the league last year, and years prior. 

I think I saw him drop into coverage for the first time today, and he damn near intercepted the pass.

Then it was back to blitzing every snap after that.

Gregg, I won't miss you when you're gone.

7 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Jamie Collins ranked as one of the best pass coverage LBs in the league last year, and years prior. 

I think I saw him drop into coverage for the first time today, and he damn near intercepted the pass.

Then it was back to blitzing every snap after that.

Gregg, I won't miss you when you're gone.

Maybe Williams would like to use Collins more in coverage, or more balanced, but because he is such a rare talent, he is forced to use him other ways to compensate.  Garrett is back, lets see if Collins role changes some now.

This has basically been my reaction to the defensive scheme since week 2ish.

What the #$%^&*( #@$% is this @#$$%^&*? I get so pissed every time I see Peppers playing 35 yards deep (not an exaggeration!). Putting him there basically says, "run on us and it's 10 on 11, if we play zone just throw a corner route (the Fuller TD), and if we play man run a quick slant from the TE (Cinci did this alllll day). It's the dumbest thing I think I've ever seen scheme-wise at a professional level.

And I'm a freaking JV HS coach! If I can figure out guaranteed ways to beat the snot out of your sorry defensive scheme, I gotta think NFL coaches are loving it! I mean, even the pass rushes, supposedly his specialty, are awful!!! He just rams 7 guys into the line over and over! Send some twists! Send a safety and drop the LBs into zone! Leave 7 guys in to protect and William's pass rush play calling is ruined, he's literally just trying to out number the line every play.

I ould like to see us run cover 3 more. It would give peppers 1/3rd of the field to cover rather than all of it. also It would give him more chance to attack players. 

Also I would consider using BBC or Taylor at FS on some plays putting peppers at nickel LB at near the line of scrimmage. 

On 10/14/2017 at 4:46 AM, DizzyDean said:

I would not say ALL of the draft.  We need to land our QB with number one overall.  No trading down next year, unlike this year, there should be QBs worthy of being #1 overall.  We need the best WR in the draft with Houston's pick, and a great RB in round 2.  Also don't sleep on FA.  We could land a couple of studs there too.

I would like 1 more receiver and maybe an Olman. IMO, you correct one side of the ball at a time when rebuilding and drafting #'s for a position makes success far more likely, as Jimmy Johnson, the ex HC of the Cowboys, once said. He would often draft a couple of people to fill a position, because the draft is a crap shoot and you need to add a lot of talent to be sure of success.

Archived