Mock draft

Magnus-Viktor

34 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

Reagor or J Taylor  in the 2nd, 

everything else shakes out depending how that goes.   Assuming you resign Dupree, and sign some TE in FA.

I would be stunned if J. Taylor fell into the 50s.  I do like Jalen Reagor but WR is deep and IOL is not.  i would still take Harris if he were there

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

I would be stunned if J. Taylor fell into the 50s.  I do like Jalen Reagor but WR is deep and IOL is not.  i would still take Harris if he were there

I think we'd have to trade up a bit to get either, but I think we have to.  Offense is just too limited on this team.

Granted, there's no depth on D if injuries hit , either.

On 2019-12-29 at 11:21 PM, Chieferific said:

Possible 2nd Rd QBs would be Hurts and Love but I personally don't think they are ready to pull the plug on Mason. Other possibilities (not that I agree with all of them) are OC: Harris UW, Edge: Lewis Alabama (if they don't resign Dupree), TE: Hopkins Purdue and RB: Dobbins OSU. 

will Lewis fall to us in RD2? If so, thats the pick.  If they let Dupree walk, then sign AJ Green  perhaps?

On 12/29/2019 at 10:21 PM, Chieferific said:

Possible 2nd Rd QBs would be Hurts and Love but I personally don't think they are ready to pull the plug on Mason. Other possibilities (not that I agree with all of them) are OC: Harris UW, Edge: Lewis Alabama (if they don't resign Dupree), TE: Hopkins Purdue and RB: Dobbins OSU. 

They already pulled the plug on Rudy when they inserted Duck.  I would have anyway.  I thought Rudy was ok in college, but he looked like dog crap at times with the Steelers.  I'd take Eason and then build that OL and weapons around him.  

I know this is probably not popular here, and even goes against what I've been saying for years in needing to get some speed and talent at ILB to replace Shazier, but I never would've done that trade last year.  I still wouldn't have.  I would've taken (given where they went)

1.  Montez Sweat, OLB 
2.  DK Metcalf, WR
3.  Terry McLaurin, WR
3.  Dawson Knox, TE
4.  Isaiah Johnson, CB
5.  Darius Slayton, WR - yes a 3rd - you all know I like my WRs, because they're usually BPA by a mile, and I'm not impressed with ours
6.  Corey Ballentine, CB/KR
6.  Travis Homer, RB
6.  Mike Weber, RB
7.  Jalen Jelks, OLB

So I would've missed ILB completely, simply because I never saw anyone worth taking.  That's probably why they traded up for Bush.  The rest of the team would've been much better though.  

1 hour ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

They already pulled the plug on Rudy when they inserted Duck.  I would have anyway.  I thought Rudy was ok in college, but he looked like dog crap at times with the Steelers.  I'd take Eason and then build that OL and weapons around him.  

Disagree.  I don't think putting Hodges back in after Rudolph's return from concussion means they're done with him.  Rudolph's play post-concussion was much different then his play prior to.  He just wasn't the same.  Also, I don't think the Steelers are ready to cut bait on a 3rd Rdr and spend a 2nd Rdr on a QB when Ben is still on the roster.  

21 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Disagree.  I don't think putting Hodges back in after Rudolph's return from concussion means they're done with him.  Rudolph's play post-concussion was much different then his play prior to.  He just wasn't the same.  Also, I don't think the Steelers are ready to cut bait on a 3rd Rdr and spend a 2nd Rdr on a QB when Ben is still on the roster.  

Well I was more talking about when they benched Rudolph in favor of Duck, but not after his injury.  You are right, that his play after the concussion wasn't as good.  Like I said, I liked him ok in college so I don't think he's bad.  But he sure was later in the year.  Ben is an afterthought for me.  He has had too many horrible games lately, and is old.  I'm actively looking to replace him, and if Rudolph isn't the answer, you don't even acknowledge him either.  If you don't have the long term answer on the roster, and a stud is available, you take him.  Now you might be right that they're going to continue the Rudolph experiment longer.  Maybe Eason isn't any better.  I personally like him better though.  It's probably a moot point though.  Eason will be gone and Rudolph and Roethlisberger will be the QBs next year.