Mock draft

Magnus-Viktor

Another thing that could factor into Bud's projected contract is his EDGE competition in FA. Calais Campbell(most likely), Judon, Vic Beasley, Jamie Collins, Shaq Barrett, Dante Fowler Jr., Clowney, Mercilus. That's without doing a lot of digging, but I'm sure there could be more rushers on the move. 

31 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Another thing that could factor into Bud's projected contract is his EDGE competition in FA. Calais Campbell(most likely), Judon, Vic Beasley, Jamie Collins, Shaq Barrett, Dante Fowler Jr., Clowney, Mercilus. That's without doing a lot of digging, but I'm sure there could be more rushers on the move. 

I think we'll resign Bud.  At least, I certainly hope so.

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 10:50 AM, DR43 said:

Here is my Christmas mock:

2. Jonathan Taylor  RB, Wisconsin

3. Neville Gallimore , NT, Oklahoma

4a. Nick Harris, Inside OL, Washington

4b. Robert Hunt, OT, louisiana -Lafayette 

5. Nico Collins, WR, Michigan

6. Essang Bassey, S, Virginia Tech

7. Kamal Martin, ILB, Minnesota 

I really like your mock it addresses most of our glaring needs with the exception of TE.

My RB preference for a round 2 back would be someone with that I see as more dynamic and with less wear, J.K. Dobbins: Ohio State

With the absence of any TE's that I really love in this draft, I would select a tall receiver that may convert to TE, instead of Nico Collins. I would look to , Chase Claypool WR Notre Dame 6'4" 228 and either keep Vance or sign a solid veteran TE (James).

I agree with avoiding taking a QB in this draft. Not because I believe in the young guys, but because I believe in the requirement for us to have a true franchise quarterback to win championships in the NFL. Exceptions are made and sometimes these guys can be found outside of the top 10, but franchises can't bank on the exception to rules. If it all crashes with an injured Ben next year or it succeeds and he retires, either way we will need to draft a first round quarterback in 2021. We won' have the number one pick, so we need to find a guy rated the 2-4 best qb in that draft.  I am keeping my eyes on Brock Purdy. Real gamer. Cold weather qb. Excels in a broken pocket. Strong arm. Plays for a tough minded coach and enjoys tough coaching.

I can't believe you guys don't want a QB.  Ben has sucked some of the time he's played recently, and he's OLD (almost 38) and coming off a major injury to his throwing arm (a non contact injury).  You saw how disgusting and completely inept this offense is without a QB.  We need a QB.  A new coach would be the best start to fixing the team, but we all know that isn't happening, so new QB it is to me. 

He was horrible in both games this year, with QB rates in the 60s.  

Last year Ben had 2 games in the 60s and another at 72, and another under 80.  80s isn't even acceptable in today's NFL.  If you're not at least in the 90s, you suck and need replaced.  

In 2017, he had that turd against the Jags, another in the high 70s, but was at least ok if not great the rest of the year.  

Now I can get if you don't like Eason (I like him a lot, but think it'd be ideal if he sat behind Ben for a year or two).  But not wanting a QB, after the crap we saw this year, is just mind boggling to me.

Btw, I did more sims on fanspeak and draftnetwork (before reading comments) and came away with this (Eason was gone in them all, and if I'm not getting him, I'm not wasting a pick on a QB.....I think this is a really poor draft for QBs, especially later):

Levonta Taylor, CB, FSU

Sam Cosmi, OT, Texas

Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton

Ashtyn Davis, S, Cal

KJ Hill, WR, Ohio State

Tanner Muse, LB/S, Clemson

Draftnetwork:

AJ Terrell, CB, Clemson

Sam Cosmi, OT, Texas

Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton

Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor

Tanner Muse, LB/S, Clemson

16 hours ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

Now I can get if you don't like Eason (I like him a lot, but think it'd be ideal if he sat behind Ben for a year or two).  But not wanting a QB, after the crap we saw this year, is just mind boggling to me.

I don't want to draft a QB in the second. That's why I don't want a QB. If we could draft an elite one, I'd be all over it. But we aren't drafting an elite QB after the 1st. I think we've got to go all in for one more year with Ben. We need weapons around him to go for one more run. Also, Ben's arm was probably hurt for multiple years. This season might be good for his health. He's not getting pounded while his arm is healing up. Peyton had a few really good seasons after his "career ending" injury and that was his neck, which is far more serious than an elbow. FWIW, Jake Delhomme had elbow issues at the end of his career(He had Tommy John surgery, so not exactly the same) and he said his arm is the only thing that is not wrecked from playing football. 

23 hours ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

Eason is not better than Mason Rudolph. So, I see no reason to waste a pick on him. The Steelers need a quality RB besides Conner (or maybe instead of him). They also need a quality TE period. If there really isn't a good TE in the draft, then they should look at OL.

2 hours ago, cjfollett said:

Eason is not better than Mason Rudolph. So, I see no reason to waste a pick on him. The Steelers need a quality RB besides Conner (or maybe instead of him). They also need a quality TE period. If there really isn't a good TE in the draft, then they should look at OL.

I wouldnt be I upset If they drafted an OT. I think they need to think about a replacement for AV

On 12/27/2019 at 6:44 PM, Magnus-Viktor said:

I can't believe you guys don't want a QB.  Ben has sucked some of the time he's played recently, and he's OLD (almost 38) and coming off a major injury to his throwing arm (a non contact injury).  You saw how disgusting and completely inept this offense is without a QB.  We need a QB.  A new coach would be the best start to fixing the team, but we all know that isn't happening, so new QB it is to me. 

He was horrible in both games this year, with QB rates in the 60s.  

Last year Ben had 2 games in the 60s and another at 72, and another under 80.  80s isn't even acceptable in today's NFL.  If you're not at least in the 90s, you suck and need replaced.  

In 2017, he had that turd against the Jags, another in the high 70s, but was at least ok if not great the rest of the year.  

Its not that people dont want QB...its that the 2020 QBs arent that good and we wont be drafting until the mid 2nd.

I would rather continue building the team up rather than force a pick for QB out of desperation...which never works out well.

• Like 2

I can see CB, RB,WR and IDL as having the BPA when the Steelers draft.  i will be floored if they pick a RB in the 2nd but you never know.

right now I would take Nick Harris C Washington as the 2nd round pick.

If I take a RB I would look at Eno Benjamin in the 3rd.

Edited by jebrick
  • Like 1