2019 NFC NORTH CHAMPION GREEN BAY PACKERS

deltarich87

56 minutes ago, 66PinG said:

Nobody, and I mean, nobody gave the packers a chance against the Vikings.

this team knows how to win. That is all..........

Yeah, not going to lie, I didn’t think we’d win.

I do think the production/ypp guys don’t watch the games. We’ve had double digit leads in almost all of our wins this year in the 4th (exceptions W1 Chicago and Detroit). My take on this team is that it plays prevent in the 4th when up double digits and doesn’t have the best 4-6 minute offense. which has lead to us losing yardage battles and losing the stat war (in addition we typically haven’t turned it over). 

I just finished watching the game, couldn't catch it live so I held off checking the scores so I could experience it. When we had that fumble in the first drive I thought this was going to be another one of those games where everything goes south from the start (Chargers, Eagles), but the defense holding them to 3 on that drive was HUGE and it set the tone for the rest of the game imo. When we went into the half down 1 despite three turnovers, I was feeling better and then Za'Darius and Aaron Jones owned the second half.

This is a huge win, the defense was absolutely fantastic and they could have very well keep the VIkings scoreless if not for these two ultra-short drives from the turnovers. Rodgers still wasn't his old self but there weren't many truly terrible plays, he played safer imo and the INT was just a good play by the defense, it happens.

I hope the team will keep a cool head and not let the Lions surprise us next week, let's get that #1 seed!

This offense could get hot if Rodgers gets the ball out on time and on his guy.  I'd bet there was another 150 yards and a few TD's left out on the field due to missed throws and turnovers.  He was just off last night.  He is, however, starting to trust the offense instead of trying  to make plays outside of the structure of the offense.  It still happens 5 to 10 times a game, but I've seen it a lot less lately.

It sure feels good watching a truly balanced team though.  I love the split in carrys between Williams and Jones.  The shot plays were appropriate.  The FB vert to Vitale was there, but he got held up by the ILB.  Graham has actually embraced blocking.  Lewis has found new life.  Lazard fits this offense to a T with his ability to block and his timely big plays.  

I like our defense.  I think we're 2 players away from an elite D - an inside backer and another DT.  But the collection of DB's just play well together and rarely make huge mistakes.  Ki g has his moments, both good and bad.  Jaire is a stud.  Savage will only get better with time.  

At this point, we have just as good a shot to make a run as anyone out there.  Playoff football comes down to turnovers and defense.  We have been good in both areas and could be great in any 3 game stretch.  

Really, I think that is all anyone in the league can hope for.

7 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

QIlN3Qg.jpg

I was just thinking (I love the shirts BTW):

say we do get home field advantage (please beat San Fran, Hawks, we hardly ask anything of you), who would you dread (potentially) playing more in the SB: the Ravens or Pats* (I might even make this a poll)?

With the way our D has been playing the last few weeks, I think we'd have a shot against NE. Brady isn't playing very good (age is finally catching up to him as is their depleted OL), though it would be a low-scoring affair for sure with the way their D is and our O's ineptitude outside of Adams and Jones. They also have a knack for cheating, be it filming sidelines, taping walkthroughs or stealing playbooks, or a combination.

Lamar Jackson would be a matchup nightmare for us, though, and their D is no slouch, either.

21 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

say we do get home field advantage (please beat San Fran, Hawks, we hardly ask anything of you), who would you dread (potentially) playing more in the SB: the Ravens or Pats* (I might even make this a poll)?

With the way our D has been playing the last few weeks, I think we'd have a shot against NE. Brady isn't playing very good (age is finally catching up to him as is their depleted OL), though it would be a low-scoring affair for sure with the way their D is and our O's ineptitude outside of Adams and Jones. They also have a knack for cheating, be it filming sidelines, taping walkthroughs or stealing playbooks, or a combination.

Lamar Jackson would be a matchup nightmare for us, though, and their D is no slouch, either.

Don't sleep on Kansas City. They are playing at an extremely high level. I don't think they are beatable, if they continue to play defense like that. 

24 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Don't make any polls about SB opponents man, that ish will doom us. One game at a time.