2019 NFC NORTH CHAMPION GREEN BAY PACKERS

deltarich87

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

I was just thinking (I love the shirts BTW):

say we do get home field advantage (please beat San Fran, Hawks, we hardly ask anything of you), who would you dread (potentially) playing more in the SB: the Ravens or Pats* (I might even make this a poll)?

With the way our D has been playing the last few weeks, I think we'd have a shot against NE. Brady isn't playing very good (age is finally catching up to him as is their depleted OL), though it would be a low-scoring affair for sure with the way their D is and our O's ineptitude outside of Adams and Jones. They also have a knack for cheating, be it filming sidelines, taping walkthroughs or stealing playbooks, or a combination.

Lamar Jackson would be a matchup nightmare for us, though, and their D is no slouch, either.

Since I do not give a **** about jynxes, I have to say that the NFL deserves a Brady vs. Rodgers in its 100th season.

1 hour ago, Cheech said:

This offense could get hot if Rodgers gets the ball out on time and on his guy.  I'd bet there was another 150 yards and a few TD's left out on the field due to missed throws and turnovers.  He was just off last night.  He is, however, starting to trust the offense instead of trying  to make plays outside of the structure of the offense.  It still happens 5 to 10 times a game, but I've seen it a lot less lately.

It sure feels good watching a truly balanced team though.  I love the split in carrys between Williams and Jones.  The shot plays were appropriate.  The FB vert to Vitale was there, but he got held up by the ILB.  Graham has actually embraced blocking.  Lewis has found new life.  Lazard fits this offense to a T with his ability to block and his timely big plays.  

I like our defense.  I think we're 2 players away from an elite D - an inside backer and another DT.  But the collection of DB's just play well together and rarely make huge mistakes.  Ki g has his moments, both good and bad.  Jaire is a stud.  Savage will only get better with time.  

At this point, we have just as good a shot to make a run as anyone out there.  Playoff football comes down to turnovers and defense.  We have been good in both areas and could be great in any 3 game stretch.  

Really, I think that is all anyone in the league can hope for.

This season is going to come down to: 

1. Do we have a game where our Offensive Line gets dominated. Of their 4 worst performances (Bears 1, Eagles, Chargers, 49ers) we've lost 3 of them. We don't have the horses elsewhere to beat a good team if that group struggles. 

2. Is Rodgers gonna kick it into a higher gear? As nice as this Vikings win was, he really didn't play all that well. If he hits that great, we're legit contenders.

12 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

LaFleur should have given him the Trump handshake yank.

Yes on the Trump handshake, but Zimmer likely had his Depends full so that might not have ended well...

Edited by 15412

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Wanna know what I see in that picture?

A group of guys that better shake off the celebrations and holiday spirits to be ready to play an important football game in 5 days.

3 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

The T shirt says it all.  Being ready likely won't be a problem.

Good god Irene … let them have their picture and enjoy their moment.  Not many predicted they would make it this far ... they know what's at stake.