2019 NFC NORTH CHAMPION GREEN BAY PACKERS

deltarich87

3 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Good god Irene … let them have their picture and enjoy their moment.  Not many predicted they would make it this far ... they know what's at stake.

Oh. Okay. I suspect they'll have their fun with or without me LOL

We won a big game. Great. We have another one if a few days and its setting up to be a *perfect* trap game.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

We won a big game. Great. We have another one if a few days and its setting up to be a *perfect* trap game.

If we get trapped this week with what is on the line, we weren't going anywhere anyway. I get your point, but think these guys are going to be well served enjoying Christmas with their family. 

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Not sure it's a trap game when they know a #2 seed and possibly a #1 is there with a win.  Trap game to me is overlooking a game toward the next anticipated one.  They beat the Lions and they don't have a next game.  :D

47 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Not sure it's a trap game when they know a #2 seed and possibly a #1 is there with a win.  Trap game to me is overlooking a game toward the next anticipated one.  They beat the Lions and they don't have a next game.  :D

No doubt GB has plenty to play for next Sunday - and wisely, MLF said as much last night in the locker room.  What does concern me somewhat is the lack of time to prepare for this huge game.  Today is pretty much a wash, and they’re off tomorrow.  They won’t get to work again until Thursday, which isn’t much time to prepare.

I think we’ll be fine, but it’s not going to be a cakewalk - never is - and our boys will need to be uber focused on Sunday!

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

No doubt GB has plenty to play for next Sunday - and wisely, MLF said as much last night in the locker room.  What does concern me somewhat is the lack of time to prepare for this huge game.  Today is pretty much a wash, and they’re off tomorrow.  They won’t get to work again until Thursday, which isn’t much time to prepare. I think we’ll be fine, but it’s not going to be a cakewalk - never is - and our boys will need to be uber focused on Sunday!

I agree.....and during that time off (and post NFCN celebrating) there's Xmas partying. 

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

I agree.....and during that time off (and post NFCN celebrating) there's Xmas partying. 

Yep!  I’m a worrier by nature, sadly, so I’m probably more sensitized to the ‘threats’.  It’s also why I get paid well at my office - someone has to always be on the lookout for internal and external threats to the mission.

Honestly, this is where the coaching staff needs to step up big and lead.  I was encouraged by MLF’s strong caution to his players last night in his victory speech.  I’ll stop worrying now and let them do what they do to earn the really big bucks.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Wanna know what I see in that picture?

A group of guys that better shake off the celebrations and holiday spirits to be ready to play an important football game in 5 days.

You wanna know what I see in this comment? Someone who can't live in the moment and allow these guys to celebrate accomplishing their first goal of the season. 

6 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

You wanna know what I see in this comment? Someone who can't live in the moment and allow these guys to celebrate accomplishing their first goal of the season. 

No knock on Leader, but yah.  That's what it is about.  Celebrate wins and accomplishments.  Doing that doesn't mean you won't be focused on the next task on hand.