2020 TE Options...

G08

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I sign Nick Vannett from Pittsburgh to be the Y TE. He isn’t dynamic but is a professional Y TE that can at least block.

Draft the future at the position.

Do you use Holtz as a back up Y and a FB? I feel like that would be a big boost to the run game, especially if we go 2 TEs.

I don't have the stats to back be up but I feel he is a solid blocker and the run game improves when he is there. I'd be fine to have him be a starting FB and a reserve TE, but I want a better receiver as the starter since he hasn't really impressed me there yet.

Edited by Sugashane

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Do you use Holtz as a back up Y and a FB? I feel like that would be a big boost to the run game, especially if we go 2 TEs.

I don't have the stats to back be up but I feel he is a solid blocker and the run game improves when he is there. I'd be fine to have him be a starting FB and a reserve TE, but I want a better receiver as the starter since he hasn't really impressed me there yet.

Holtz would be the #2 Y and play fullback.

Horsted would be the backup U.

If my rookie looks good in camp I cut Burton before the season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I sign Nick Vannett from Pittsburgh to be the Y TE. He isn’t dynamic but is a professional Y TE that can at least block.

Draft the future at the position.

This position requires a dynamic, pass-catching TE. I don't think Vannett is that guy. 

20 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Holtz would be the #2 Y and play fullback.

Horsted would be the backup U.

If my rookie looks good in camp I cut Burton before the season.

If you cut Burton before camp, what goes against the cap, and what about if he was designated a post June 1st casualty?

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I would rather just take a TE in the 2nd round then ship the pick. Howard isn’t as good as his draft position.

The Bears need all the draft picks they can find, so I'm against giving one or two for a player.  This should be the first year Pace does alot of trading down in order to get more picks