2020 Draft

Pastor Dillon

12 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I think this years draft will be an interesting case study. Very few pro days or personal work outs. The combine and game film is all there is. I think that could make things better, as they say “film don’t lie”

could be way worse too. 

might help us out, BoB's big issue is that he invites players to work out, sees them work really hard and then ignore all their tape and pick them up

e.g. putting chris clark in last year at lt even tho hes a rt lmfao

Mcshay has us taking Justin Madubuike at 40. I would love this. Dude is a good player who is still growing and learning the position. I think hes a 3-4 end or a DT when we are in nickel. 

He also has us taking Jeff Gladney CB, TCU in the 2nd round. I dont know about him. Guess you can never have enough young CBs

Edited by Pastor Dillon
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Mcshay has us taking Justin Madubuike in round 1. I would love this. Dude is a good player who is still growing and learning the position. I think hes a 3-4 end or a DT when we are in nickel. 

He also has us taking Jeff Gladney CB, TCU in the 2nd round. I dont know about him. Guess you can never have enough young CBs

round 1?

Terrell Lewis says the Texans really like him. He's rated at 59, and is considered the 3rd best OLB by espn. 

That fits right in with an area of need, and is right where our 2nd 2nd round pick comes in. I wouldn't hate it. 

He had 6 sacks last season coming off a torn ACL. He could be a very good player for us rushing the passer. 

7 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Terrell Lewis says the Texans really like him. He's rated at 59, and is considered the 3rd best OLB by espn. 

That fits right in with an area of need, and is right where our 2nd 2nd round pick comes in. I wouldn't hate it. 

He had 6 sacks last season coming off a torn ACL. He could be a very good player for us rushing the passer. 

I have so much dislike and distrust in BOB that even though I really wanted Lewis knowing he likes him has completely changed my mind.

• Like 2

Nearly every mock I’ve seen has us taking a WR in round 2. I’m not convinced we will. We have 5 WRs who should be on the roster. Fuller and Stills are outside threats and Cobbs and Coutee are slots. Carter is around as well. So unless there’s a guy who can be a stud then we probably draft someone later on. 

based on what we have seen the team do in the past, I wouldn’t be shocked if we go RB and ILB in round 2. 

10 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Nearly every mock I’ve seen has us taking a WR in round 2. I’m not convinced we will. We have 5 WRs who should be on the roster. Fuller and Stills are outside threats and Cobbs and Coutee are slots. Carter is around as well. So unless there’s a guy who can be a stud then we probably draft someone later on. 

based on what we have seen the team do in the past, I wouldn’t be shocked if we go RB and ILB in round 2. 

i'm not putting anything past these fools running the front office at this point.  imagine the reaction if they do not take a wr with one of the 2nds.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

i'm not putting anything past these fools running the front office at this point.  imagine the reaction if they do not take a wr with one of the 2nds.

I'd say the odds are good that we don't take one. 

If we had been developing Coutee like we should have been, as opposed to sitting him in the BOB doghouse all season, we would be fine without drafting a WR in round 2. 

Post Cooks trade Mock 2.0

Round 2, 40: OLB Terrell Lewis-  Since we traded for Cooks, WR isnt a need for us in the draft.  We have to address the need for a pass rusher.  Lewis might be a gamble but he could pay off when its all said and done.

Round 3, 90:  NT Leki Foto-  We have a need for a 3/4 nose after letting DJ Reader go. 

Round 4, 111:  RB AJ Dillon-  We take a RB as insurance for David Johnson in case he is hurt.  Dillon can actually run between the tackles unlike both Johnsons. 

Round 5, 171: CB Stanford Samuels-  Has versatility to play both CB and Safety

Round 7, 240:  QB Cole Mcdonald

Round 7, 248: OT Scott Frantz

Round 7, 250: OG Kevin Dotson

Edited by Texansfan713

11 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Post Cooks trade Mock 2.0

Round 2, 40: OLB Terrell Lewis-  Since we traded for Cooks, WR isnt a need for us in the draft.  We have to address the need for a pass rusher.  Lewis might be a gamble but he could pay off when its all said and done.

Round 3, 90:  NT Leki Foto-  We have a need for a 3/4 nose after letting DJ Reader go. 

Round 4, 111:  RB AJ Dillon-  We take a RB as insurance for David Johnson in case he is hurt.  Dillon can actually run between the tackles unlike both Johnsons. 

Round 5, 171: CB Stanford Samuels-  Has versatility to play both CB and Safety

Round 7, 240:  QB Cole Mcdonald

Round 7, 248: OT Scott Frantz

Round 7, 250: OG Kevin Dotson

I’d be good with this draft or something similar. Doesn’t address our need at RG but Fulton wasn’t that bad and we are limited on our picks.