2020 Draft

Pastor Dillon

On 3/19/2020 at 9:28 AM, Texansfan713 said:

Time to update the needs.  It helps that this might be the deepest WR class in recent memory but im still pissed we traded Hopkins.

WR

Edge Rusher

NT

OG

CB

I think it might be smart to go Guard and WR in the 2nd round. Go ahead and sure up the offense 100%. We can draft a NT and Edge rusher in 3 and 4. Plus we get back Ejiofor who hopefully is recovered. Plus we have Martin who needs to get a shot. We could see some internal growth from a pass rush standpoint. 

secondary is a mess but you can’t fix that with rookies. We’ve got last years 2nd rounder who looks like a bust but they say year 1 to year 2 is the biggest jump for a CB. So if the logic is that a 2nd or 3rd round CB is a building block, we have 1 plus a 12 million corner, plus a 1st round pick we gave up a 3rd to get. 

let’s not forget that point. We already used a 3rd round pick in this draft on Conley, who struggled but had potential last year. 

My ideal draft (right now)

2 – 40              S Jeremy Chinn (Southern Illinois)

2 – 57 + 7-250 --> Las Vegas Raiders for 3-80 + 3-91

3 – 80              WR Chase Claypool (Notre Dame)

3 – 90              LB Willie Gay, Jr. (Mississippi State)

3 – 91              Traded for 2021 2nd

4 – 111             RB A.J. Dillon (Boston College)

4 – 131             G/T Hakeem Adeniji (Kansas)

5 – 171             Edge Casey Toohill (Stanford)

7 – 240 + 7 – 248 --> New Orleans Saints for 6 – 203

6 – 203              CB Kindle Vildor (Georgia Southern)

Mock 1.0

2-40:  WR Tee Higgins-  If he is by chance there at 40 then you HAVE to take him.  Texans don't need a deep threat since Fuller is still here.  Higgins is a bigger WR from Clemson.

2-57:  G Netane Muti

3-90: EDGE Curtis Weaver

4-111: RB Enos Benjamin

5-171: S/CB Stanford Samuels

7-240:  S Richie Grant

7-248: WR Tyrie Cleveland

7-250:  OT Scott Frantz

• Like 1

On 3/24/2020 at 10:37 AM, Texansfan713 said:

Mock 1.0

2-40:  WR Tee Higgins-  If he is by chance there at 40 then you HAVE to take him.  Texans don't need a deep threat since Fuller is still here.  Higgins is a bigger WR from Clemson.

2-57:  G Netane Muti

3-90: EDGE Curtis Weaver

4-111: RB Enos Benjamin

5-171: S/CB Stanford Samuels

7-240:  S Richie Grant

7-248: WR Tyrie Cleveland

7-250:  OT Scott Frantz

I’m not sure about the players you have because I’ve not looked that closely but I’m good with the positions you have us addressing. I think it makes a lot of sense to sure up our 2 areas of need on offense. 

also I wouldn’t rule out us drafting a guy to replace Fuller. He’s gonna want a lot of money, and should he play 13 games, he might be a 1200 yard guy and get a lot of money 

not taking a WR in the draft until the later rounds

BoB signed Randall Cobb for a reason and clearly thinks Hop isnt as good as Hop actually is.

He's going to hold his head high, we ride with Cobb this season

Edited by Drained
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I bet the plan is to feature coutee in the pre season and flip him for a 6th right before the season starts. Now that we know the depth that BOB will take a feud with an all pro player, we certainly won’t have him on the roster come opening day. 

I have a feeling - by the start of the season, the Texans will no longer have their 1, 3 and 4 WR. 

Coutee is a dead man walking, but you can also feel Kenny Stills getting on BoB's bad side - Stills isn't the sort of guy to sit there and take crap (like BoB wants) it's why he was a throwaway in the Tunsil trade, he was very vocal about ownership and the FO in Miami. 

Will Fuller and Randall Cobb will be our 1/2, and the remainder of the WR unit will be made up of rookies and guys who have no business on an NFL roster ($50 says Chris Hogan is brought in). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

I have a feeling - by the start of the season, the Texans will no longer have their 1, 3 and 4 WR. 

Coutee is a dead man walking, but you can also feel Kenny Stills getting on BoB's bad side - Stills isn't the sort of guy to sit there and take crap (like BoB wants) it's why he was a throwaway in the Tunsil trade, he was very vocal about ownership and the FO in Miami. 

Will Fuller and Randall Cobb will be our 1/2, and the remainder of the WR unit will be made up of rookies and guys who have no business on an NFL roster ($50 says Chris Hogan is brought in). 

That's sad, if Stills could be utilized correctly, I feel like he's on the same level as Fuller, he's the better reliable option.

Coutee has the speed, we cannot put the blame solely on him cause he can't run routes properly, BoB needs to stop calling players lazy just cause they're not performing to high standards he wants. Maybe theres a reason why? You don't work yourself so hard everyday since youre a young kid to get to the NFL to turn out to be a lazy person.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I think this years draft will be an interesting case study. Very few pro days or personal work outs. The combine and game film is all there is. I think that could make things better, as they say “film don’t lie”

could be way worse too. 

we are screwed then.