Week 17 GDT: Jets @ Bills

Trentwannabe

20 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

This jets team is garbage so I cant be wow'd by duke performance he did decent today against a nonexistent DB Corps.

That same Jet team held Juju to 2 catches for 22 yards and James Washington 5 for 41 last week.

Considering Isiah McKenzie and Robert Foster combined for 2 catches yesterday, meaning Duke Williams was the only threat I think it is fair to be wow'd or excited about Dukes performance. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

That same Jet team held Juju to 2 catches for 22 yards and James Washington 5 for 41 last week.

Considering Isiah McKenzie and Robert Foster combined for 2 catches yesterday, meaning Duke Williams was the only threat I think it is fair to be wow'd or excited about Dukes performance. 

Oh I am not arguing McKenzie or Foster they didnt play well but then again not much went well yesterday which concerns me about having barkley as back up. I am just saying you cant be wow'd by one meaningless game to think that Duke is a stud. Isiah played wr, ran the ball, played KR, PR, and CB at some point so I think the versatility of him being dressed is what matters. To me I would rather see Duke dress then Lee Smith and Kroft at this point rolling with 6 wr instead of 5. Knox and smith/kroft would be fine. Heck even Dimarco can be inactive and use a TE or duke as the fullback at times. Not including yesterdays game he has had 10 or less snaps in 9 of the 15 games. I know he plays special teams but come on these guys dont see the field on offense to be worth sticking in over guys who can contribute more on the offense. So to me I will agree on Duke seeing the field on Saturday but I would rather see 6 wrs dress out then take mckenzie or foster off the field while guys like smith kroft or dimarco sit. I would also like to see Yeldon dress to as he has the speed that Singletary and Gore do not have at times. Yes Singletary is elusive and grinds but does not have the speed when he is in open field. Ideally if those 2 can be available on offense over other guys I am all for it at this point because the offense needs a spark. 

In the 214 snaps Kroft has played he has 2 receptions for 20 yards and a touchdown I think its safe to say hes not worth the money nor the active roster. Some may say well he was blocking a lot but the reason the bills brought him in was to be a receiving Te not a blocking TE as they brought Lee smith in to block. Lee Smith had 9 penalties this year up until the cleveland game, since then they cut his snaps back significantly (outside steelers game) which has led to no penalties. 

All in all it comes down to the coaching staff they clearly know what they are doing on who needs to be active and who does not but I think both Duke, and Yeldon deserve to dress out on Saturday