Week 17 GDT: Packers @ Detroit Lions

squire12

18 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I don't think we can have too many good RBs in the post season.

What I meant was he'll get snaps and screw up. Hasn't played all year. Not sure playoffs is the time after that.

Edit: I know we were talking about the Lions game at first obviously, I was just being a worrier for the playoffs.

Edited by Norm

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

They work from this premise:  “A lot of people like Green Bay, but there’s many more people who don’t”.  These dolts go after teams with a history of success because they know that unless you’re a fan of these teams (the minority), you’re probably open to criticism of said team (the majority).

Bingo. I guess I wouldn't use the word clever, but they know how to get people going and get their names spread all over. They stopped being journalist types ages ago because trolling works so well these days.

I dislike them all but they are pretty good at what they are doing to be completely honest

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Norm said:

Kinda scared that Dexter might look good this weekend then get carries in the playoffs to be dead honest. If top 2 are healthy, dont get cute. But could help him going forward into next year if he had something to build on.

Not sure on his mental acuity but he can run the football. He will be a solid player for us going forward. I watched a lot of him at Notre Dame. I think the Packers see something otherwise, they'd have gone and gotten a vet on the street and at RB there always seems to be a handful of those around. 

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

They work from this premise:  “A lot of people like Green Bay, but there’s many more people who don’t”.  These dolts go after teams with a history of success because they know that unless you’re a fan of these teams (the minority), you’re probably open to criticism of said team (the majority).

Sad but true.  However, this year they can eat crow and suffer like getting a thousand paper cuts regarding the Packers.  Even better, the Packer "haters" they cater to are tearing their hair out. crying tears of misery and wish they were us over how the season has went.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

Not sure on his mental acuity but he can run the football. He will be a solid player for us going forward. I watched a lot of him at Notre Dame. I think the Packers see something otherwise, they'd have gone and gotten a vet on the street and at RB there always seems to be a handful of those around. 

Maybe, I'm guessing they also realize they have two pretty good ones so there wasn't any reason to screw around with him so far. 

5 minutes ago, Golfman said:

And they have both been healthy all year or at least relatively. 

It's crazy too how people were upset with how MLF talked about splitting carries early this year and now I swear we talk about wanting Williams to get more carries during the games than the other way. 

11 minutes ago, Norm said:

It's crazy too how people were upset with how MLF talked about splitting carries early this year and now I swear we talk about wanting Williams to get more carries during the games than the other way. 

Williams has really developed and become a fan favorite.

Speaking of MLF, the media in Detroit preseason were speculation how Rodgers was overruling LaFleur and it was a toxic situation about to explode. Lafleur should be in coach of the year consideration IMO. I think it will be Shanahan though. 

Just now, Golfman said:

Williams has really developed and become a fan favorite.

Speaking of MLF, the media in Detroit preseason were speculation how Rodgers was overruling LaFleur and it was a toxic situation about to explode. Lafleur should be in coach of the year consideration IMO. I think it will be Shanahan though. 

Gotta give it to Shanny unless we get the #1? Even then, MLF would lose actually. Kyle is the golden child

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Norm said:

What I meant was he'll get snaps and screw up. Hasn't played all year. Not sure playoffs is the time after that.

Edit: I know we were talking about the Lions game at first obviously, I was just being a worrier for the playoffs.

You aren't the only one who worries about the playoffs.  :)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Sad but true.  However, this year they can eat crow and suffer like getting a thousand paper cuts regarding the Packers.  Even better, the Packer "haters" they cater to are tearing their hair out. crying tears of misery and wish they were us over how the season has went.  

I heard another theory about why Bayless, Florio, and Cowherd hate GB, and I suppose it’s plausible why they picked GB to root against to fit their model: at some point in recent history, GB has owned their favorite teams and their hatred is real.  
1.  Florio is a self-proclaimed lifelong Viking fan - easy to see why he hates GB.  
2.  Bayless is a huge Cowboys fan - easy to see why he hates GB.  
3.  Cowherd is a huge Patriots fan - GB beat NE in the Super Bowl, and Rodgers was a threat to Brady’s GOAT status.

Kinda sucks that three of the biggest talking mouths in the media have an axe to grind with GB, but we do have advocates with lesser notoriety in our court that defend GB against these clowns (Simms, Jones, etc).  What this all amounts to is all of them collectively creating enough drama to keep folks interested and tuned into their stupid shows.

• Like 1