Week 17 GDT: Packers @ Detroit Lions

squire12

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

Another post where the only possible answer in your mind is Rodgers.

Naive to not even account for a new offense. Maybe some of those WRs are struggling with the new offense? Maybe the skill fit isn't as good? MVS seems like a logical example of someone who just might never excel in LaFleur's system. Maybe the skills of a player have further declined? (Graham). Maybe a WR worked hard to build his skills (Allison) and then took a step back due to no one's blame but their own?

Not every weapon at Rodgers disposal has gone backwards this year. Some are even having career years or years line with their previous bests. And again, this is all in an entirely new system.

Who said I'm not accounting for the new offense? Cobb, Cook, and Nelson all showed better in new offenses?

MVS is a fit in every offense with a QB who can land more than a quarter of his vertical routes.

Which weapon didn't go backwards this year? Aaron Jones is the only one and he's barely up in efficiency. Aaron Jones as a legitimate receiving threat was fun for a few weeks. He's now down below 30 receiving yards per game again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I've never seen you post so many replies with such glaring holes. You're really off your game.

Think of the equivalencies for Cook. System? Years in system? Health? Recency of injury? Time it took to fully recover from injury?

All that said, Cook started putting up the exact same numbers with Rodgers he's putting up now (arguably better), by that season's end. It's not on Rodgers that Cook wasn't re-signed.

You should be embarrassed.

Rodgers has now had two systems. He avoided the TEs in both. 

Cook is in a new system right now. Doesn't seem to be dying on it. He was in a new system when he left us. Doesn't seem to be dying on it.

This assumption that Packer fans have that Cook was going to be playoff Cook for us is ridiculous. 

Cook was fine and back in the regular season for us. Still wasn't getting the ball. 

There's not a 4 game stretch that you can pick since he got back from injury this year that he wasn't better than the last four regular season games of his year with us.

He's also 32 now as opposed to 29 which you are ignoring. 

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Rodgers has now had two systems. He avoided the TEs in both.

This I find just baffling.

As said elsewhere, other teams are riding their TEs into crucial wins and the playoffs.
We're lucky if ours get targeted more than a handful of times....which I find amazing.
Is it personnel? Scheme? AR? Or what combination/mix all of the above? Perhaps we're gonna spring a surprise on upcoming playoff opponents and knock them dead with TE involvement in the passing game. I'd like to think so......but I dont believe myself.

Edited by Leader

22 minutes ago, Leader said:

As said elsewhere, other teams are riding their TEs into crucial wins and the playoffs.
We're lucky if ours get targeted more than a handful of times....which I find amazing.
Is it personnel? Scheme? AR? Or what combination/mix all of the above? Perhaps we're gonna spring a surprise on upcoming playoff opponents and knock them dead with TE involvement in the passing game. I'd like to think so......but I dont believe myself.

I get it!  We put Adam's on the backs of every TE on the team. Problem solved!

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

Hey, some think differently than you on this and you get pissed.  Realize it and life goes on just like we do with your thoughts.  

Lol look who's talking. You need to cool your buns and just respect other people's opinions rather if you agree or disagree. Stop policing people's posts and opinions and except everyone on this forum will not agree with you.

This forum is becoming too toxic because people like you can't respect people will differ from what you believe. Just respectfully disagree and move on geez.

The most annoying thing is reading posts of guys complaining because another poster won't agree with them.

Edited by St Vince

36 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

He had a bum knee last year. That has to be taken into account when considering his total, recent (post-peak) body of work.

He played all 16 games including a throw away game in week 17 against Detroit. He did not have a bum knee. He didn't even have surgery on it. You're just looking to make an excuse for him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Why is it baffling? He has talked about it before. He wants to push the ball down the field. Rodgers is smart everyone, he understands two things that usually means wins in the nfl... turnovers and explosive plays.

Outside of Finley, who he threw to a lot, he has never had a guy that really threatened the defenses with big plays. That’s why his slot WR became big for him.

This is also why he never used the RB.

Heck I think it was 3/4 years ago... every telecast they would have to mention the others teams game plan. Cover 2... keep everything in front, force them to run, and have to go 10+ plays... because the QB isn’t patience enough.

All of Rodgers issues now have nothing to do with his “SKILL” it’s all about his mindset and fundamentals. Because he is still acting like he has to play hero ball and can’t check it down to a championship... even though his boy tom did that for like 3 of his 6 SB.

Edited by Green19

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Why is it baffling? He has talked about it before. He wants to push the ball down the field. Rodgers is smart everyone, he understands two things that usually means wins in the nfl... turnovers and explosive plays.

Outside of Finley, who he threw too a lot, he never had a guy that really threatened the defenses with big plays. That’s why his slot WR became big for him.

This is also why he never used the RB.

Heck I think it was 3/4 years ago... every telecast they would have to mention the others teams game plan. Cover 2... keep everything in front, force them to run, and have to go 10+ plays... because the QB isn’t patience enough.

All of Rodgers issues now have nothing to do with his “SKILL” it’s all about his mind a fundamentals. Because he is still acting like he has to play hero ball and can’t check it down to a championship... even though his boy tom did that for like 3 of his 6 SB.

If you can't locate a ball consistently because your fundamentals are broken, that's a talent problem.

13 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If you can't locate a ball consistently because your fundamentals are broken, that's a talent problem.

Never said talent... I said skill. His physical skills are just as they were. Talent is a very loose general term.

As I said before... Rodgers currently has as much if not more skill then Ryan did when he won the MVP in this offense.

The thing that will hold back Rodgers is years of muscle memory with bad fundamentals. The only way Rodgers gets back to Rodgers... he has to go all in on this offense and get in rhythm with it. Not throwing it off your back foot or just banking on your wrist to make the throw.

That stuff works on deeper throws... but not in a quick rhythm passing offense. Because to do that you have to do the boring little things right all the time. That’s going to do the same thing that is happening now... “oh Rodgers is just a game manager!!!”.

The fact is... he does all those little things right... the deep shots are there. Look at the 49ers. I just fear he isn’t patience enough and is set in his way. And it won’t be for a lack of physical skill... it will be because of his pigheadedness.

Edited by Green19

23 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Why is it baffling? He has talked about it before. He wants to push the ball down the field. Rodgers is smart everyone, he understands two things that usually means wins in the nfl... turnovers and explosive plays. Outside of Finley, who he threw to a lot, he has never had a guy that really threatened the defenses with big plays. That’s why his slot WR became big for him. This is also why he never used the RB. Heck I think it was 3/4 years ago... every telecast they would have to mention the others teams game plan. Cover 2... keep everything in front, force them to run, and have to go 10+ plays... because the QB isn’t patience enough. All of Rodgers issues now have nothing to do with his “SKILL” it’s all about his mindset and fundamentals. Because he is still acting like he has to play hero ball and can’t check it down to a championship... even though his boy tom did that for like 3 of his 6 SB.

Understood and appreciated. I'm not gonna relive the past other than to say I thought Cooks had the tools to make things happen in our offense.

Regardless - I'm a firm believer in that we need to incorporate some kind of effective TE passing game. We're heading in to Big Boy Territory and trying to beat these future opponents minus a TE passing offense or threat.....is counter productive IMO. 

Again - week in and week out I see other teams making far better use of /// or taking much better advantage of - their TE talent and it enhances their offense immeasurably.  If we could do the same......if would put burdens on our opponent's defenses that we've not done so far - and before I hear how we've won 13 games this way, so why change anything........

We can be better than we've been IMO.

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Understood and appreciated. I'm not gonna relive the past other than to say I thought Cooks had the tools to make things happen in our offense.

Regardless - I'm a firm believer in that we need to incorporate some kind of effective TE passing game. We're heading in to Big Boy Territory and trying to beat these future opponents minus a TE passing offense or threat.....is counter productive IMO. 

Again - week in and week out I see other teams making far better use of /// or taking much better advantage of - their TE talent and it enhances their offense immeasurably.  If we could do the same......if would put burdens on our opponent's defenses that we've not done so far - and before I hear how we've won 13 games this way, so why change anything........

We can be better than we've been IMO.

And those changes will come... next year. I doubt those type of changes happen now.

That requires Rodgers and this offensive staff doing some soul searching.

3 hours ago, St Vince said:

Lol look who's talking. You need to cool your buns and just respect other people's opinions rather if you agree or disagree. Stop policing people's posts and opinions and except everyone on this forum will not agree with you.

This forum is becoming too toxic because people like you can't respect people will differ from what you believe. Just respectfully disagree and move on geez.

The most annoying thing is reading posts of guys complaining because another poster won't agree with them.

Don't think I was responding to you but whatever.  Just keep the fire burning if you want..  Keep it civil with your posts and I have no problem; have no respect for such stuff like you posted. Do whatever you want ... and by the way that's accept not except.  Forum is toxic cuz of stuff like you just did.  I disagreed and moved on ... obviously you haven't as you just brought it up again.