Week 17: Eagles' Forum Assemble!

EaglesPeteC

37 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I forget that I have a big bias for Strange and that most people put it towards the middle

Strange was a good movie. Comic book movie stigma aside, winter soldier was a GOOD movie. Probably the best of the bunch. OG Ironman was really good. Infinity war was an epic. It’s a movie that could stand alone although the outcome wasn’t viewer friendly. I love marvel movies and endgame was a disappointment for me. I think they could have stretched it out to a trilogy and it would have been better. 2 of the 3 getting the stones and 3 of 3 on the battle and wrap up. That could have been an epic battle but it was over so soon. Strategy and twists and turns could have been implemented in their writing and just made it a battle for the movie ages. Felt drawn out and then really rushed when it gets to the meat of it. 

Sorry for hijacking the thread 

Edited by Jroc04
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I loved it. Especially Michael B Jordan as Killmonger He was such an awesome villain 

It wasn't as bad as captain marvel but yeah I still didnt like it. I thought it was kind of completely a useless story that didnt have anything to do with moving the combined universes storytelling forward in anyway. Like why even make it?

Edited by ninjapirate

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

It wasn't as bad as captain marvel but yeah I still didnt like it. I thought it was kind of completely a useless story that didnt have anything to do withe the moving the combined universes storytelling forward in anyway. Like why even make it?

I mean establishing the world of Wakanda is needed to set it up as the place to have that huge battle in Infinity War is pretty important.

i didn’t mind Captain Marvel but I watched it second because I did it in chronological order. I think I would of not liked it if I watched after most of the rest of the series like how it was released 

Edited by EaglesPeteC

35 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Strange was a good movie. Comic book movie stigma aside, winter soldier was a GOOD movie. Probably the best of the bunch. OG Ironman was really good. Infinity war was an epic. It’s a movie that could stand alone although the outcome wasn’t viewer friendly. I love marvel movies and endgame was a disappointment for me. I think they could have stretched it out to a trilogy and it would have been better. 2 of the 3 getting the stones and 3 of 3 on the battle and wrap up. That could have been an epic battle but it was over so soon. Strategy and twists and turns could have been implemented in their writing and just made it a battle for the movie ages. Felt drawn out and then really rushed when it gets to the meat of it. 

Sorry for hijacking the thread 

I loved Strange and that they were true to his character. Like that ending was the kinda thing only he does. Can’t wait to see them delve deeper into that side of the universe.

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I just couldn’t get into it. It was too far out there for me. 

Ant Man seems so hokey to me. Both of them were hard to get through 

I don’t think you are alone, I loved it but was out there...and the next one seemingly will be even more of that.

yeah, I think Rudd and Evangeline save those two movies. But they are definitely on the weaker side of them.

11 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

It wasn't as bad as captain marvel but yeah I still didnt like it. I thought it was kind of completely a useless story that didnt have anything to do with moving the combined universes storytelling forward in anyway. Like why even make it?

Really to just introduce Wakanda as a major entity in universe (and location for Infinity War)

I liked Black Panther, but I didn’t see it as this stand out film. Was tough to connect with T’challa, who’s way more reserved anyway, but that’s mostly cause Michael B Jordan was so good and compelling. 

I agree Captain Marvel was one of the worst ones

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Losing this week would be way worse than losing last week. 

So in other words, the Eagle thing to do?

I'd agree but honestly have no expectations given the Players missing from this game! I'd actually be more surprised if we won really. This isn't even the B Team they're sending out there? Its option C, D, and E!!

Wentz can only do so much! The fact he is making wine out of water is a miracle in itself.  Seriously, can any of you give me a Team with a worse supporting cast on Offense? 

The only positive is that its forcing Pederson to utilize the RB/TE packages heavily. Via the Run, pass, screen game,  you name it. Problem now is, Ertz will likely be out which could be a death blow!

12 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Really to just introduce Wakanda as a major entity in universe (and location for Infinity War)

I liked Black Panther, but I didn’t see it as this stand out film. Was tough to connect with T’challa, who’s way more reserved anyway, but that’s mostly cause Michael B Jordan was so good and compelling. 

I agree Captain Marvel was one of the worst ones

we knew wakanda already existed though from older movies. 

19 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

we knew wakanda already existed though from older movies. 

Yeah we did, but you didn’t see it that’s what I meant. It was name drops or dots on screens for the most part up until Civil War.
It setup the bulk force/army & location for the earth side of Infinity War final battle. So it raised the stakes. I agree it wasn’t needed to do it. But it was better that it was setup and you cared about it in some way. I think it’d be a bad idea to take that away from his solo movie.

I don’t think all of them need to push everything forward though too.