Week 17: Eagles' Forum Assemble!

EaglesPeteC

12 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Howie better realize he needs to sell out if he has to to get some receiving talent here for Carson’s prime. If he can’t draft one then he needs to trade whatever to get one. 

this is a great receiver draft like justin jefferson just single handedly beat oklahoma and you could argue and probably be right that he's not top 5 in this draft. 

7 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

this is a great receiver draft like justin jefferson just single handedly beat oklahoma and you could argue and probably be right that he's not top 5 in this draft. 

Just like a couple years ago was the RB draft where 10 teams got an impact player and we got Pump. Load up on WR in every way this offseason. Something needs to stick. 

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

well thats just bad drafting maybe andy weidl is smarter 

Howie also said this past draft was special for interior DL. I’m not complaining about  getting Dillard and Sanders back to back but he tends to say dumb stuff publicly and maybe teams maneuver around him because of that. I dunno. If he says something along the lines of a “special WR draft”, he’s going to mess it up. 

1 hour ago, nlesthought said:

I too am worried because he thinks it’s a loaded WR class he will wait and we’ll be selecting Van Jefferson in the 4th round and then some WR in the 6th because he plays ST

Given our history of drafting WR's, especially 1st rounders, I can see him being gun shy! Let's just hope this year has made him realize how important that position is not the other way around because Wentz is still making PS WR look serviceable?

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Howie also said this past draft was special for interior DL. I’m not complaining about  getting Dillard and Sanders back to back but he tends to say dumb stuff publicly and maybe teams maneuver around him because of that. I dunno. If he says something along the lines of a “special WR draft”, he’s going to mess it up. 

Howie just takes the players they as a group like the most he will never "reach" which is annoying when needs need to be addressed. Although JJAW seems like a bad miss.

6 hours ago, Daimonas said:

It baffles me that people have already given up on jjaw considering the only WR we have had that has been even remotely serviceable was a former qb. The WR problems this entire season screams horrible coaching. 

I'm anxious to see what he can do this off-season in spring, TC and pre season. Let the game slow down for him. I would not feel comfortable with him as one of my top 3 WR going into next season at the moment though. I haven't given up on him though, not even close actually.

7 hours ago, Daimonas said:

It baffles me that people have already given up on jjaw considering the only WR we have had that has been even remotely serviceable was a former qb. The WR problems this entire season screams horrible coaching. 

I haven’t given up on him he has time to improve. I just think his skill set is not what I prefer in WRs. I like WRs who can get separation and can create mismatches. He will have a chance hopefully to “start over” in terms of his position coach and scheme design.