Rank the MVPS of the 2010s

Elky

2011 Aaron Rodgers

2013 Peyton Manning

2018 Patrick Mahomes

2019 Lamar Jackson

2016 Matt Ryan

2014 Aaron Rodgers

2010 Tom Brady - Context is key with this one. This was the season where Randy Moss was traded a quarter into the season and replaced with Deion Branch. After a short adjustment period, Brady then went on a tear that featured a streak of 335 passes without an interception.

2012 Adrian Peterson - Getting oh so close to breaking Erik Dickerson's record, Peterson completely carried Minnesota's offense into the playoffs.

2015 Cam Newton - By far one of the most overrated campaigns in recent memory. Cam may have pleased fantasy owners that season, but it looks like a completely anomaly each passing season.

2017 Tom Brady - Out of all the QB MVPs of this decade, Brady's 2017 campaign had the least. While it was another excellent season from Brady, he wouldn't have won it without Carson Wentz, who had more touchdowns in less games, getting injured.

Edited by Elky

1. 2011 Rodgers

2. 2018 Mahomes

3. 2013 Manning

4a. 2010 Brady

4b. 2015 Newton

6. 2014 Rodgers

7. 2016 Ryan

8. 2017 Brady

9. 2012 Peterson

Lamar has yet to win MVP and this season has yet to end so I refuse to judge the year. There is more to this story to be written. But if Lamar wins the SB and his team finishes with the rushing record that’s stood for 40 years and thought to be impossible to break... his contributions to it by obliterating Vick’s record and his passing efficiency that opens up space for the run to be as effective, his excellence at the mesh point, his audibles into more effective running plays at the line, etc... it would put his year at the top of the list for sure IMO.

The only QB years I would put beside it, if those things were to happen, would be 94 Young.

As it stands though if the team gets the rushing record (without the SB) considering the overall deadliness of the offense and the similarities in the offenses gearing down to close out multiple games (Lamar sitting out 4th quarter and the last game), I would put it right beside 04’ Peyton as the greatest QB season I’ve ever watched.

Without that qualifier I would place it below Rodgers 2011 and Brady 07.

Edited by diamondbull424

2 hours ago, Danand said:

How many of these mvps have had their season and accolades been affected by sitting out quaters/games? 

Actual benchings? Probably a mixed bag, depending on coaching preferences. Though likely all have been impacted by game situation. Most MVP seasons are going to have some blowouts/one-sided games. Whether the QB was pulled or not, there would be a lot of run heavy drives to close out games, keeping the QB from padding stats. And I'm sure the opposite for Peterson. Some behind games where he couldn't grind it out.

On 12/26/2019 at 2:51 AM, MightyMouse07 said:

Brady 07 wasn’t this decade

Yeah thanks for stating the obvious. Lamar also hasn’t won an MVP this decade. Which is the point however once this season is TRULY over and the award is TRULY handed out, there will be more information to consider (playoff performance). Just like every GOAT defense how they perform in the playoffs provides bonus points to the season.

As it stands however, as my point stated, if Lamar wins it and does damage in the post season and wins the SB with a SBMVP, I would likely have it as the number one QB season of all time. If he does damage and loses prior to the SB than I might have it only below Mannings 04 season. If he has a weak post season, then it’s still below 11 Rodgers and 07 Brady as the greatest QB seasons I’ve ever seen.

Which in JUST this decade would quite obviously put it at #2, which is implied through the proper context clues.

3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah thanks for stating the obvious. Lamar also hasn’t won an MVP this decade. Which is the point however once this season is TRULY over and the award is TRULY handed out, there will be more information to consider (playoff performance). Just like every GOAT defense how they perform in the playoffs provides bonus points to the season.

As it stands however, as my point stated, if Lamar wins it and does damage in the post season and wins the SB with a SBMVP, I would likely have it as the number one QB season of all time. If he does damage and loses prior to the SB than I might have it only below Mannings 04 season. If he has a weak post season, then it’s still below 11 Rodgers and 07 Brady as the greatest QB seasons I’ve ever seen.

Which in JUST this decade would quite obviously put it at #2, which is implied through the proper context clues.

Then why bring up Brady 07 when you didn’t have to jackass.

1 hour ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Then why bring up Brady 07 when you didn’t have to jackass.

One. Forum rules.

Two. I brought up Brady because the overall point is that IF Lamar can pull off the greatest points that I’ve now mentioned twice, then the season for me would transcend decade performances and move into (potentially, still would need to digest it all so as to not be a prison of the moment) the number one QB season of all.

I mean, I’ve already rated my personal list of the performances to this point. If it moves into the #1 place, then it instantly begs the question of “how does this compare to all the best QB performances of all time” which for me would include 84’ Marino (didn’t experience so I can’t speak to its greatness), 94’ Young (was only 5 and had no true concept of football so I can’t speak to his impact beyond just the popularity he brought to the table, 04’ Manning (which I feel is the greatest QB season I’ve ever seen), 07 Brady (perfect season, plus the stats- granted in a less organic fashion- puts it above Rodgers). But again I can’t speak for 84 and 94, so I can only speak to what I know.

So yeah, that’s the point. Not sure why this point wasn’t clear the first two times I mentioned it, but perhaps third time will be a charm.

Edited by diamondbull424