Week 17: Dolphins at Patriots

SBLIII

2 hours ago, Elky said:

That was then. This is now. His mistakes this year cost us a bye.

Ehhhh.... We had a down year while carrying 20+ Mil in dead money and only 3M in cap space.  That-was-then strikes me as an alarmist point of view of a defending super bowl champion, imo.  We slump even more this coming season and next, we can start questioning BB’s tenure.  But given his track record, I’m more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.  Just my 2.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

All I know is that every year the same people are spitting out the same diatribe around this time of year and we are sitting at 3/4 SB's in 4 straight seasons. Not saying its gonna be 4 for sure this year, but man you woe-is-me types on this board are wrong OFTEN. 

Sorry that we're not gonna put on the happy masks when this team completely choked away a first round bye to one of the worst teams in the league and are going to be running into a team that we do not match up well with at all.

1 minute ago, Elky said:

Sorry that we're not gonna put on the happy masks when this team completely choked away a first round bye to one of the worst teams in the league and are going to be running into a team that we do not match up well with at all.

The Dolphins didn't prepare or play like one of the worst teams today. The Patriots were mediocre and it was arguably good enough to win.

6 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

Guys guys, you don’t understand, this team is actually amazing and we should be thanking our lucky stars we get to watch them lose to one of the worst teams in the league with an incredibly important bye on the line. 

it doesn’t matter that they barely beat any good teams this season, it doesn’t matter that they’ve continuously struggled against bad teams this season....anything can happen in the playoffs!

And because anything is possible, we shall not talk about the more realistic outcomes of this season, but only sit and ignore the glaring weaknesses this team has shown, while repeating over and over again, ANY. GIVEN. SUNDAY.

Talk, or throw tantrums?  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

He was never this bad, mostly just needlessly bad takes but at least he tried to back it up with coherent, if flawed, logic. 

I don't remember if he ever called to axe Belichick. Regardless, this new take will go down in the forum history...

9 minutes ago, The Third Rider said:

What I remember is that wanted to trade Brady away and have Matt Cassel be our starting QB. He was trying too hard to be the smartest guy in the room.

We could take a few of those over the new "most pessimistic in the room" trend going on...

• Like 1

Alright the takes about Bill being fired need to stop. For obvious reasons.

That said, we should be allowed to judge things on merit and be critical. That was one of the worst losses of this era.

@Elky is right to question the preparation going into this week; there was actually quite a lot on the line when you consider how badly this banged up team needed the 1stRB. We clearly decided to shift into a lower gear this week, as evidenced by Jules' strategic limited snaps (noticed he came back on when it was too little too late). Tom looked abysmal in the 1st Q before switching it on. We made Fitz look like peak Manning - that's not an exaggeration - he looked AWESOME! Then of course the conservatism at the end of the half ('conservatism' is generous).

Bright spots are the running game continues to be effective, and if you couple that with our USUAL defense, we should still be hard to beat. 

The record does mask the true nature of this team - a good D, a good ST, a well below average O - probably win 1 game in the playoffs. 

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1