Week 2 GDT - San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh I know he did. But this is the first time he will be playing with starters workload in his career. He did for a bit here and there, but not like this. And Reid is likely to miss some time so he will be the starter even with Ward back. 

I liked how Saleh got all three in the game on passing downs. 

Yeah, they did that last week with Jerome, too. It's been a good decision. Our safeties >>> Our corners. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, I would do that. The risk is no guarantee the drafted QB will be better than a guy like Cousins, but I'm willing to take that risk. Cousins to me isn't a franchise changing type of QB. So if a guy like Rosen or Darnold or Jackson end up being worse, then oh well. 

I still don't have a preference. I understand it from either perspective. I suppose a lot of that could be determined by draft position, who ends up declaring, etc. I mean, if Darnold goes back (I'm still 50/50 on him coming out), Allen continues to be awful, you're left with Rosen, Jackson, and Rudolph. If we are somehow picking something like 6th, I could understand them thinking that we may not land one and just going with Cousins.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, whoever we end up drafting. Doesn't have to Jackson. 

well one thing is for sure, whomever we end up drafting will come to a much better roster 

Lynch did a good job of upgrading the roster this past offseason  at every position except QB 
I feel like the o-line will be better after free agency next year and we also make some upgrades on the back end of the defense as well

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sure it was against Seattle, but he's a stud. 

He's kinda been the forgotten man this offseason with all the hype surrounding the rookies, but that's just because we all know for sure that he's going to be a beast on this defense for years to come. 

4 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

well one thing is for sure, whomever we end up drafting will come to a much better roster 

Lynch did a good job of upgrading the roster this past offseason  at every position except QB 
I feel like the o-line will be better after free agency next year and we also make some upgrades on the back end of the defense as well

Wasn't going to be hard to improve the roster from last season, but I agree.

With Foster, maybe this game is a bit different.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wasn't going to be hard to improve the roster from last season, but I agree.

With Foster, maybe this game is a bit different.

Well the D played well all things considering, I think they just got gassed in the 4th because they kept having to come back out after all those damned 3 and outs 

but yes I agree with you that if Rube plays maybe...just maybe we wouldn't have had all those scrambles that got 1st downs because we lost containment on the perimeter 

1 minute ago, John232 said:

There's no doubt in my mind Foster playing and this could have been a win. That fourth quarter with Russel Wilson rolling out and killing us could have been stopped by someone like Foster. 

And on the last drive we may have gotten the Seahawks off the field. Too many of our defenders kept overshooting their gaps. 

But this would have been a win if we just had competent QB play.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And on the last drive we may have gotten the Seahawks off the field. Too many of our defenders kept overshooting their gaps. 

But this would have been a win if we just had competent QB play.

Yeah, kind of the trade off with our scheme, we shoot gaps hard, but that leaves us open. Takes a lot for those guys to change how they play, especially mid play. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

That's why I avoid 49er facebook discussion.

Oh, come on.  You're not into the "You must be a bandwagon fan.  We REAL fans know we're taking it this year.  Derp, derpidy derp derp!"?  

Yeah, those Facebook groups are awful.  I only follow them for niners news.  I can't click into the comments. 

8 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

we hired an offensive "guru" to help charge up our anemic offense 
how does our offense look......well....offensive?

Its a process. We elected to focus on defense this year, with a good amount of success so far. Offense will get its time

Archived