Tony7188

Who do you consider the elite player(s) on our roster?

Did we vastly overrate the talent of our players?  

8 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Did we vastly overrate our players?

• Yes, our "stars" aren't who we thought they were
    • No, this is all on coaching/Jerry
    • Too early to tell, this year may have been a fluke

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/30/2019 at 06:00 AM

I know we're widely considered a talented football team, but I'm curious as to who you believe are the truly elite players that on the Dallas Cowboys?

Ezekiel Elliott

Demarcus Lawrence

Amari Cooper

Byron Jones

Tyron Smith

Travis Frederick

Zack Martin

How many from this list would you consider elite (All-Pro caliber) or very good players? Is there anyone that I'm missing? I'm not sure that there's even one player that's elite on the team. 

Edited by Tony7188

Zeke, Tyron, and Martin are elite. Byron, DeMarcus, Dak, Cooper, LVE are close. Frederick used to be elite, we’ll see if he can get back.

I sincerely don’t think lack of talent was our issue this season.

I’d say elite players, Martin, La’el Collins

regressed this year Lawrence, Zeke, T. Smith, Cooper, J Smith and LVE

close Dak and Jones

17 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Zeke, Tyron, and Martin are elite. Byron, DeMarcus, Dak, Cooper, LVE are close. Frederick used to be elite, we’ll see if he can get back.

I sincerely don’t think lack of talent was our issue this season.

I don't think I'd put LVE in the close category just yet. IMO, he took a step backwards generally speaking. I do think you could add La'el Collins in his place though. I think he settled in very nicely at RT. 

10 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I don't think I'd put LVE in the close category just yet. IMO, he took a step backwards generally speaking. I do think you could add La'el Collins in his place though. I think he settled in very nicely at RT. 

He took a massive step back in reality. You're being to kind.

10 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

He took a massive step back in reality. You're being to kind.

LVE looked like crap all year. He and Jaylon were both huge disappointments this year after playing like All-Pro's last year. Hopefully they'll return to 2018 form next year. 

To answer the question, I'd say the following are "elite"

Tyron Smith
Zack Martin
La'el Collins 
Ezekiel Elliott 

I think Frederick will return to that status next year as he gets healthier and back into shape. Lawrence is a damn good player, but I don't know that he generates enough sacks to be considered an elite player right now - one could argue that that may be a result of the DL not being able to generate a lot of interior rush allowing opposing teams to scheme against our edge rushers...but until we get that it's hard to say for sure. The same thing can almost be said about Byron. If the dude could generate more turnovers, I'd have no problem considering him an elite player. 

Dak is trending in the right direction. I'd love to see what another year with Kitna can do for him but not sure we'll get that with a likely coaching staff change coming. I know Amari played hurt this season but I'd say he's close as well. 

I can't say any of our players are elite based on this season.  New coach, if there is one, has a huge task getting these overpaid, overhyped, overrated fat cats to work hard and focus.

The literal only players that performed above their contract (value) were Collins, Quinn and Dak. Everyone else was overcompensated. And Collins might have been our only elite player when you factor in Zeke was awful for the first half of the season and Dak declined the second half. 

You know who D-Law reminds me of? 

Almost Anthony that’s who. 

5 Sacks

16 QB Hits

and can’t find the numbers right now but last I saw was 38 QB pressures

D-Law is doing an excellent job getting the work in on bringing the heat, he just isn’t getting home on a consistent basis this year 

29 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

You know who D-Law reminds me of? 

Almost Anthony that’s who. 

5 Sacks

16 QB Hits

and can’t find the numbers right now but last I saw was 38 QB pressures

D-Law is doing an excellent job getting the work in on bringing the heat, he just isn’t getting home on a consistent basis this year 

Is that a byproduct of a weak DL?

1 minute ago, HDsportsfan said:

Is that a byproduct of a weak DL?

I ask that question though and then realize Quinn seems to be having better success with the same variables in place.

10 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

I ask that question though and then realize Quinn seems to be having better success with the same variables in place.

Or is Quinn having his best season in 5 years because of Dlaw?

43 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Or is Quinn having his best season in 5 years because of Dlaw?

Because D-law is getting double teamed and chipped? Quite possibly. Wonder if there are stats somewhere to verify or debunk that.