Michael Thomas seen wearing a hand brace

Dome

I think he's gonna be OK (his own words), but that's scary.

In case you haven't seen it, there's a video here CGM brings a kid a Christmas present at some event. The kid notices CGMs  hand was in a brace and asked him about it. Thomas said he got hurt on the record breaking catch, but should be alright.

8 minutes ago, Dome said:

I think he's gonna be OK (his own words), but that's scary.

In case you haven't seen it, there's a video here CGM brings a kid a Christmas present at some event. The kid notices CGMs  hand was in a brace and asked him about it. Thomas said he got hurt on the record breaking catch, but should be alright.

Of course he hurt his hand on that record breaking catch.  Have you seen all the heavy lifting he's been doing?

9 hours ago, SWATcha said:

So, the question becomes, if you're the Saints...

Do you just concede that the chances of moving up from the #3 seed are pretty slim and rest a good chunk of the team against the Panthers?

Great question, but I wouldn't think they'd want to go with a "what if" mentality. I mean, what if we do rest our guys, lose, and then find out we would have gotten the #1 seed.

I could see Payton going for a healthy lead, then pull most players for the 4th quarter.

All that said, I don't think anyone can keep up with Payton's thinking.

With how the standings currently are, anything but going all in this week is a huge mistake. Our chances of a Super Bowl rise significantly if we can lock up a bye with the 1 or 2 seed. 39 of the last 50 teams to make it to the Super Bowl in the past 25 years have been a 1 or 2 seed. That bye week is huge. It would be silly to not go all out trying to get it this week as we are very much in the mix for it.

• Like 2

If Seahawks win, I think we can still get a bye with a loss no?  We'd be 2 seed if GB wins.  The problem is if GB loses and Seahawks win, then we stay at 3 seed with a loss, because we lose the 3-way tie.  If 49ers win, we have to win and hope GB loses.

Best case scenario I guess, Seahawks win, we win, and GB loses, for 1 seed.  We can also get a bye with 49ers win, GB loses, we win, but it'd be 2 seed.

Bottom line is, we lose any 3+ way tiebreakers, and the only 2-way tiebreaker we win is Seattle.   

If we win, we get a bye in 3 out of 4 possible outcomes in the other relevant games, and 1/4 of those outcomes give the 1 seed.

If we lose, we get a bye in 1 out of 4 possible outcomes, and 0 outcomes give the 1 seed.

If either of the other games tie, we get locked into a bye with a win.  If we tie, there are also possibilities for bye and 1 seed. 

If all 3 games tie, we get boned again and stay at 3 seed.

The most likely game to give us a bye is SEA beating SF. There's also the outside chance DET will beat GB but I think it's really an outside chance. SF gave it all to beat LAR last week just like they did with us. The following week they got beaten by ATL so I'm hoping recent history will repeat itself.

I think as long as we win and either GB or SF lose we get a bye. If both lose we get a better bye.

15 minutes ago, nolaexpat said:

The most likely game to give us a bye is SEA beating SF. There's also the outside chance DET will beat GB but I think it's really an outside chance. SF gave it all to beat LAR last week just like they did with us. The following week they got beaten by ATL so I'm hoping recent history will repeat itself.

I think as long as we win and either GB or SF lose we get a bye. If both lose we get a better bye.

Yes, but if we lose, we need GB to win, or we won't have a chance at a bye.  

if Brees was 28 and in his prime, I'd be kinda interested in seeing a road playoff game in Lambeau. But the Saints are running out of chances here to win a superbowl so I want to play it as safe as possible and get that #1 or #2. I suppose the Lions are tanking but they can win a game and still get a high draft pick and I bet they'd love to stick it to Green Bay? It's not much but it's a hope xD

13 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

if Brees was 28 and in his prime, I'd be kinda interested in seeing a road playoff game in Lambeau. But the Saints are running out of chances here to win a superbowl so I want to play it as safe as possible and get that #1 or #2. I suppose the Lions are tanking but they can win a game and still get a high draft pick and I bet they'd love to stick it to Green Bay? It's not much but it's a hope xD

I prefer Brees around 30-32, which I think was his peak.

But yea, I agree with you.