Fanspeak OTC - 2020

onejayhawk

We have a tread for mock drafts. This thread is for computer generated drafts, typified by On The Clock. 

Please format for easier reading.

27: G TYLER BIADASZ WISCONSIN     
59: LB KENNETH MURRAY OKLAHOMA
91: RB D'ANDRE SWIFT GEORGIA
135: DL LARRELL MURCHISON NC STATE

J

Edited by onejayhawk

• 4 weeks later...

56: R2P24 LB ZACK BAUN  WISCONSIN ; can play edge also

63: R2P31  CB LAMAR JACKSON  NEBRASKA ; physical, man defender

70: R3P6  OT ROBERT HUNT LOUISIANA-LAFAYETTE

95: R3P31 WR GABRIEL DAVIS UCF

134: R4P31  OT HAKEEM ADENIJ KANSAS ; move inside to OG

176: R5P30 RB AJ DILLON BOSTON COLLEGE

Traded 1rd. pick with Miami for their 2/24 and 3/6.

Edited by mayanfootball

NFL Draft Diamonds big board
Fanspeak - Steve Team Needs
Draft Order based on Vegas Odds
Difficult

31: DL NEVILLE GALLIMORE OKLAHOMA
63: RB CAM AKERS FLORIDA STATE
95: LB SHAQ QUATERMAN MIAMI
134: DT JORDAN ELLIOTT MISSOURI
176: OT CALVIN THROCKMORTON OREGON

I wanted a TE but none were close. Instead, DL slid to us. I'm OK with value on the front seven.

J

9 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Not enough in trade value. you should also get a 6th or deferred 5th. 

Why take Baun with Jackson on the board? Then take the top TE left. Also, not loving the RB. Size we have. 

Chiefs with one of the last 2 picks in the 1st.rd. get a 2nd. and 3rd.rd. picks. Our 1st. is almost a 2nd. I'm satisfied. The deal got done to get another pick.

I don't care for a TE with our other needs. Chiefs get 2 OL players to solidify Mahomes protection.

Dillon is a fine short yardage RB. Can catch too.  The guy is a bulldozer.

• Like 1

Same settings as before, except draft order is official. This went more realistically.

31: CB TREVON DIGGS ALABAMA
63: DL JUSTIN MADUBUIKE TEXAS A&M
95: TE HUNTER BRYANT WASHINGTON
134: LB AKEEM DAVIS-GAITHER APPALACHIAN STATE
176: WR ANTONIO GIBSON MEMPHIS

I love getting Diggs. Bryant was my second choice, but Okwuegbunam went to New England six picks ahead. Davis-Gaither is another good get.

J

• 2 weeks later...

38: R2P6, Bradlee Anae, edge, Utah; Chiefs get another edge rusher opposite Frank Clark. Had a great Senior Bowl

63: R2P31, Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB, App.St.; Chiefs get a pass defense LB that can stop TE's. Had a great Senior Bowl. Sorensen can do something else or backup, sit on the bench.

69: R3P5, Jordyn Brooks, LB, Texas Tech; Chiefs get a tackling machine LB

96: R3P32, Darnay Holmes, CB, UCLA; Chiefs get a fine starting CB

135: R4P32, Davon Hamilton, DT, Ohio St.; Chiefs get a fine DT that can play middle DL and stop the run.

177: R5P31, Tommy Kraemer, G/C, Notre Dame; Chiefs get help at OG and can play OC if needed.

Trade Partner: Carolina Panthers: Chiefs send 32: R1P32; Panthers send R2P6, R3P5

Edited by mayanfootball

13 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I would be unhappy with that draft. One LB is not a bad idea, but two premium picks is too much. I like ADG but also think that #63 is pretty rich. Why not use that pick for a DB? Holmes is not a starter as a rookie. Maybe the dime CB. 

J

Our LB's suck. Our front 7 must improve. ADG is one missing piece to our defense puzzle. Pass defense is a priority in today's NFL. Ability to cover the TE is an imperative. Sorensen can't cover. Sorensen is a special teams player. Ragland isn't the answer. He's only a run stopper. Wilson can't do it. ADG is that piece and will go early in the draft. It might as well be the Chiefs who take him with a draft pick aquired in trading down.

Edited by mayanfootball

We have two very nice DE, TK and Clark, and a bunch of talent returning from injuries on the front seven--Ogbah, Okafor, Speaks. With Nnadi, Pennel, Saunders, and hopefully Chris Jones the IDL is set. Even with a couple of losses to FA (excepting Jones) the front is solid or better.

That leaves only the LB. Wilson and Hitchens are solid, but no better. Like a lot of the defense, they played much better after the bye week. Like OL, some new blood would be nice, but we do not need someone to step in and plug a gap. If we did, ADG is not that guy. He looks like a solid 3rd round player, who might become pretty good in a year or two. He will not step in and transform the front seven.

J

13 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

We have two very nice DE, TK and Clark, and a bunch of talent returning from injuries on the front seven--Ogbah, Okafor, Speaks. With Nnadi, Pennel, Saunders, and hopefully Chris Jones the IDL is set. Even with a couple of losses to FA (excepting Jones) the front is solid or better.

That leaves only the LB. Wilson and Hitchens are solid, but no better. Like a lot of the defense, they played much better after the bye week. Like OL, some new blood would be nice, but we do not need someone to step in and plug a gap. If we did, ADG is not that guy. He looks like a solid 3rd round player, who might become pretty good in a year or two. He will not step in and transform the front seven.

J

I would look to add a DE in the draft to go opposite of Clark. TK played the run well and added a little pressure here and there, but we need a consistent threat on the opposite side of Clark and with Jones in the middle. If YGM is available at 32, I would run to the podium and select him before any OL.

I would also replace each of the LBs. Hitchens, Ragland are slow un-athletic linebackers and they can't cover. We get killed on stretch runs to the outside because our linebackers are too slow. We need some speed at that position, and we need someone that can cover TEs and backs. However,  this is a weak linebacker class in terms of not much depth. They're a few(Kenneth Murray, Isisah Simmons, Patrick Queen) that can be selected in the first round but maybe out of reach at 32 :D.