Fanspeak OTC - 2020

onejayhawk

1 hour ago, valkrei said:

good draft I think. yea Centers are an oddity some boards think they go fast and some do not.

I'd be extremely happy with this outcome. With a class this deep, players are going to drop. There are three centers worth drafting imo, and I don't trust them falling to us in the 3rd. Those three are Biadasz, Ruiz, and Hanson. I exclude Cushenberry for his pass blocking and Hennessy for his concussion.

Using the Steve list.

32: CB JEFF GLADNEY TCU 
63: DL JUSTIN MADUBUIKE TEXAS A&M
96: RB CLYDE EDWARDS-HELAIRE LSU
138: C KEITH ISMAEL SAN DIEGO STATE
177: G SOLOMON KINDLEY GEORGIA

This did not go as expected. If the board had 2 QB in the top five picks at #32, we would have traded back. #63, #96 and #177 are insane value

I'm not a fan or either Biadasz or Malik Harrison. Biadasz is a squat power player suitable for a team like the Titans. We need more length and mobility, even if it comes with less power. Harrison is a younger version of Anthony Hitchens. He won't improve the defense's athleticism. 

OTOH Zack Moss is a great pick and why we should not be taking a RB at #32 or #63.

2 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

I'm not a fan or either Biadasz or Malik Harrison. Biadasz is a squat power player suitable for a team like the Titans. We need more length and mobility, even if it comes with less power. Harrison is a younger version of Anthony Hitchens. He won't improve the defense's athleticism. 

OTOH Zack Moss is a great pick and why we should not be taking a RB at #32 or #63.

If there's a run on RB in the 2nd, we should seriously consider taking Moss at 63 if he's still there. There's going to be a run at some point and this isn't a year to miss taking someone.

2 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

If there is a run on RB, then something else has to slide. I will not be heartbroken if we go into the season with Williams, Thompson, Williams and and an UDFA. Go for the value. It always works best in the long haul.

J

*If we can upgrade our O-line our current RB's will do just fine.  Dillon with a 4th could be good value because hes a different kind of RB. But I would hate to pass on Evan Weaver or a good IOL at this spot.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

If there is a run on RB, then something else has to slide. I will not be heartbroken if we go into the season with Williams, Thompson, Williams and and an UDFA. Go for the value. It always works best in the long haul.

J

2021 we only have Thompson under contract. You good with that? If we don't draft someone this year, we are forcing ourselves to do so next year with a lesser class. That or we're overpaying for a vet or hoping a project pans out.

3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

2021 we only have Thompson under contract. You good with that? If we don't draft someone this year, we are forcing ourselves to do so next year with a lesser class. That or we're overpaying for a vet or hoping a project pans out.

I would plan to sign williams.

Wow. Someone left the candy store open. Chaisson is top 15. Ruiz is no lower than #45. Robertson is at least at value. Moss is at least a round past value. Durant is solid. I can believe him as BPA and he's a legit RT/OG prospect as well.

J

Edited by onejayhawk
  • Like 1

It was Ozzie Newsome's drafting strategy for almost two decades with the Ravens. Year after year they had quality players drop to them. In 2009, Cleveland badly needed WR. Since they had two second round picks, they invested both--Brian Robiske and Mohamed Massaquoi. At the time, the top player on their board was Shady McCoy

J

It's not quite Mayan's, but this one is pretty good, too. I had a choice of Muti and Ruiz for pick #63. My kind of problem.

Composite list

32: DL ROSS BLACKLOCK TCU
63: G NETANE MUTI FRESNO ST.
96: TE HUNTER BRYANT WASHINGTON
138: RB ZACK MOSS UTAH
177: CB A.J. GREEN OKLAHOMA ST.

You guys that leave it big make it very hard to read. 

There is an draft online that has us trading out of the first and third to pick three fourths and a late pick--#32 and #96 for #37, #108, #111 #142, #216.

37: CB TREVON DIGGS ALABAMA
63: DL ROSS BLACKLOCK TCU
108: LB JORDYN BROOKS TEXAS TECH
112: TE ALBERT OKWUEGBUNAM MISSOURI
138: EDGE KENNY WILLEKES MICHIGAN STATE
142: RB AJ DILLON BOSTON COLLEGE
177: G CALVIN THROCKMORTON OREGON
216: TBD

J

Edited by onejayhawk