Fanspeak OTC - 2020

onejayhawk

28 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

I don't count Dar.Williams. He had what, 22 carries all season. All the more reason to draft Dobbins.

Most complete RB we have.  Won’t ever be special,  but he’s a solid #3/#4.    Excellent in pass pro,  excellent hands.   Will get what’s blocked in the run game and is great on ST’s.   Just nothing special athletically.   

Just me,  but I wouldn’t draft a RB at all unless one of the Top 6 drops to the 3rd.   We have a more than solid 4 man group for this year,  no need to spend a high pick that would result in cutting someone already in the top 53 on the team.  

25 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Most complete RB we have.  Won’t ever be special,  but he’s a solid #3/#4.    Excellent in pass pro,  excellent hands.   Will get what’s blocked in the run game and is great on ST’s.   Just nothing special athletically.   

Just me,  but I wouldn’t draft a RB at all unless one of the Top 6 drops to the 3rd.   We have a more than solid 4 man group for this year,  no need to spend a high pick that would result in cutting someone already in the top 53 on the team.  

I agree for the most part. For me, everything depends on how the board falls. If there's a run on RB in the early to mid 2nd round and one our top 3 falls to us, I'm taking him. If only one or two RB have been taken by 63, I'll wait til the 3rd.

We have to remember we're picking at the end of every round right now. So we can't get stuck on this player is rated at x-round because we likely can't wait until that point if we really like them. The end of the round is basically the beginning of the next.

6 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I agree for the most part. For me, everything depends on how the board falls. If there's a run on RB in the early to mid 2nd round and one our top 3 falls to us, I'm taking him. If only one or two RB have been taken by 63, I'll wait til the 3rd.

We have to remember we're picking at the end of every round right now. So we can't get stuck on this player is rated at x-round because we likely can't wait until that point if we really like them. The end of the round is basically the beginning of the next.

Just depends on the board for me.   I honestly don’t have RB as big need for us,  I would have no problem not selecting one at all if one weren’t to fall.    There’s honestly probably going to be 1-3 that are roster worthy that don’t even get drafted.

Some of this changes a bit if we were to acquire more picks,  but I’d rather take a project OL earlier then expected.   Really starting to dig Robert Hunt and Ben Bartch.

Edited by samsel23

58 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Most likely we get CJ on a one year deal, which makes it the #1 priority. It's also a good class.

J

If we don't sign him long term that's a huge loss.  So we either draft to replace cause hes being traded or we don't because we keep him.

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

Most likely we get CJ on a one year deal, which makes it the #1 priority. It's also a good class.

J

Highly doubt something doesn’t happen with Jones contract.   It’s just too expensive on that 1 year hit.   If he’s traded, it definitely moves up to #1,  but I wouldn’t have it that high until something happens with Jones.

• Like 1

This is My Christmas draft, keeping win now mode and future in mind.

1. LB Kenneth Murray One of the best LBs, one of our major needs, starts day 1

2. C/G Cesar Ruiz - Can play C or G, likely will start as a guard but starting quality depth at C.

3. OT Matt Peart - This is a future/depth pick, he is projected to be a starter within 2 years. Our OT's are getting older so you grab a guy now.

4. RB Zack Moss - Change of pace back, my hopes is once we fix our IOL, our RB's will open up the offensive with ease.

5. G/OT Hakeem Adeniji - Not sure this guy will last this long on the board he can play G and OT, but once again quality depth and future starter potential is there.

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

That is Christmas. Except for Adeniji, I don't see any of those falling close to us. Peart shouldn't make our second pick, much less third. 

J

In millers draft just now... Tega and Peart were there with the third pick. 

matt miller, difficult; 1 Trade, Chiefs 1/32 to Ravens for their 2/23, 3/28

55: R2P23
LB JORDYN BROOKS
TEXAS TECH
63: R2P31
OT BEN BARTCH
SAINT JOHN'S
92: R3P28
OT PRINCE TEGA WANOGHO
AUBURN
96: R3P32
CB AMIK ROBERTSON