Fanspeak OTC - 2020

onejayhawk

Just now, valkrei said:

I like both. Ruiz has a bit more size and excells in pass prot and has played some Guard giving him the edge.

Agreed, I'm a fan of both. I also really like Jake Hanson who could likely be had in the 2nd-3rd. I'd include 4th but I doubt he goes to pick 32 there.

My current ideal scenario is 1st CB - 2nd OL - 3rd RB - 4th WR - 5th BPA... But we really don't need to reach anywhere and should go BPA all the way through.

1 hour ago, mayanfootball said:

If we're going to pick a Center, i'm curious what you guys think of Lloyd Cushenberry and Cesar Ruiz. Both are Juniors as is Biadesz.

Either with #63, neither with #32 and prefer OG to C. This is not a priority. 

I am souring on Baidasz. He's a great mauler but not mobile enough. In any event, Reiter has come around.

J

41 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Agreed, I'm a fan of both. I also really like Jake Hanson who could likely be had in the 2nd-3rd. I'd include 4th but I doubt he goes to pick 32 there.

My current ideal scenario is 1st CB - 2nd OL - 3rd RB - 4th WR - 5th BPA... But we really don't need to reach anywhere and should go BPA all the way through.

No lb?

This is a bit of a joke. I used the Walterfootball big board. For the 4th round, 11 of the top 20 picks were WR and seven more were RB. The last two were LB.

32: G SHANE LEMIEUX OREGON
63: TE COLE KMET NOTRE DAME
96: LB PATRICK QUEEN LSU
135: WR MICHAEL PITTMAN JR. USC 
177: RB ANTHONY MCFARLAND MARYLAND

That said, I would love this draft, even with very little for the defense.

J

Edited by onejayhawk

27 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

This is a bit of a joke. I used the Walterfootball big board. For the 4th round, 11 of the top 20 picks were WR and seven more were RB. The last two were LB.

32: G SHANE LEMIEUX OREGON
63: TE COLE KMET NOTRE DAME
96: LB PATRICK QUEEN LSU
135: WR MICHAEL PITTMAN JR. USC 
177: RB ANTHONY MCFARLAND MARYLAND

That said, I would love this draft, even with very little for the defense.

J

Walterfootball is a joke? It was their big board right?  PQ for a third round pick would be crazy

Something Different..

1. C Cesar Ruiz - Dude can play Guard and depth Center. He starts day 1

2. TE Cole Kmet - Good compliment to Keltek and he can block decent and adjust to the ball.

3. LB Malik Harrison- Have to select a LB before round 4 or its a wasted pick. Our run D could still use help and depth.

4. WR Van Jefferson - my Surprise pick in this draft.  Dude would compete for the #3 spot and provides quality depth.

5. S Julian Blackmon, Good Saftey left in Round 5, a lot of picks in 3 years and is good at run Defense. 

Trade down. Got 2 2nd.'s for our late 1st. (Atlanta trade)   Offensive minded draft:

Chiefs repeat champs if they could pull this off.

2/15 Cesar Ruiz, OG/C, Michigan

2/23 Robert Hunt, OG/OT, Louisiana Lafayette

2/63 Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin

3/32 Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB, App.St.

4/32 Gabriel Davis, WR, UCF

5/31 LeVonta Taylor, CB, Florida St.

Edited by mayanfootball

On 2/20/2020 at 11:58 PM, valkrei said:

Walterfootball is a joke? It was their big board right?  PQ for a third round pick would be crazy

Yeah but not impossible.  ILB has a tendency to fall in the draft and often times there are always a few players that the draft media and fans are high on that fall in the draft for one reason or another. 

On another note, I'm a Ceasar Ruiz fan. Would love if we could get one of the top guard/centers with our second round pick. 

Edited by warsawian

This one seems pretty good. 

1. C Cesar Ruiz

2. LB Jordyn  Brooks

3.  WR Van Jefferson

4. OT Ben Bartch ( gotta get some depth develop here) or TE Harrison Bryant Can catch the ball really well we need more of that after all the dropsies we saw this year.

5. S Geno Stone